All reviews taxi rank few minutes walk mina terrace riad roses medina morocco sunbathing
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We were here in mid-September on a mini second honeymoon.  The Hayati is absolutely made for romance.

Firstly, it's stunning in the most understated way.  It's done with the beautiful quiet taste of a private residence.

At night it turns into a candlelit dream with exotic insence wafting throughout the house.  The design is perfect for privacy or socialising depending on your mood. There are romantic little alcoves for dreaming or several different sized salons for  socialising.  The grand salon is a knock-out, so beautiful and big enough to entertain friends.  My husband and I were there for quiet time with each other, but one night we did give a dinner for a friend's birthday.  All we had to do was choose the menu with Mina and Abdel and they took care of the rest without a moment's hesitation.

It wouldn't be fair not to mention the absolutely wonderful service.  The staff is always attentive, but never overbearing. Their magic is anticipating needs before you ask.  I really cannot thank them enoughfor taking such good care of us.

This is really a very special place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I've just returned from my second trip to Riad Hayati and it was every bit as beautiful as I remembered it, if not more. I took my mum this time and now she's seen it herself she understands why I've been raving about it so much!

Once again the food cooked by Mina was out of this world and Abdul provided amazing service. I can't stress enough how much of a personal touch is given, Mina even remembered my favourite meal.

An absolutely charming place, you won't believe what a beautiful home away from home lies behind the huge walls.

Riad Hayati has shown me what a holiday should be like and I won't be going anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JulietMcC
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is really an exceptional property tucked away in a quiet little cul de sac about a minute's walk from the Bahia Palace and Dar Si Said. Beautifully designed with a courtyard like something out of a dream. Everytime we entered the house we did a collective "wow" at the lush garden and magificent marble fountain. There are actually two more gardens on the roof terraces, both different and so beautiful.

The welcome here is extraordinary. Superb service without being overbearing. Mina and Abdel know how to receive guests and make them feel perfectly at home. Service is flawless. The riad is absolutely immaculate. You could literally eat off the floors.

I must thank Mina for the wonderful meals she prepared for us. Really a treat. Fabulous Moroccan classics and heavenly French desserts. Everything fresh from the market and in season. Abdel is the perfect major domo. He seemed to know what we wanted before we asked. Every day at 6pm he brought "les gin toniques" with fresh lime from the trees in the riad.

We had a perfect week at Riad Hayati . We reccomend it very highly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

What can I say except thank you, thank you, to my friends and family for making my surprise fiftieth birthday celebration something I will remember always.

Special thanks to Ron and his wonderful Mina and Abdel for providing their exquisite riad and wonderful care to all of us during our week in Marrakech. It is an utterly charming little paradise and perfect for a special celebration.

Room Tip: Every room has beauty and charm.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2011

How to describe this lovely residence? It's stylish. It's delicious and so charming. It's all understated elegance with unpretentious homey service. We were made to feel spoiled from the minute we arrived and throughout our stay.

There is a happy vibe here and it's contagious. Most of the guests are regulars so the atmosphere is relaxed almost club-like. Mina runs things like a swiss clock and seems to know everyone's favorite food. She even remembered I am a vegetarian and had a special menu for me. Abdel got us reservations at short notice and was able to keep up with our constantly changing plans.

A really brillant stay.