Riad Yacout(Meknes)
US$53
Ryad Bahia(Meknes)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe ownerwent out of her wayfree upgradebab mansourcommunal ovengreat place to stayplenty of hot watergrand taxinice riadtaginefatimamedinamapculturerooftop
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Riad Amazigh is a beautiful place to stay in a great location (quiet but central). It was such a pleasure to stay there and to meet the gorgeous owner Fatima who went out of her way to make us feel at home and help us. Fatima even took the time to take us to the post office and help us send some carpets I'd foolishly purchased early on in our trip.
The Riad has a great blue roof top and I loved the way Fatima has decorated it will all the treasures and art collected during her travels.
Thank you Fatima for making us feel so welcome and for taking such great care of us.
Ps. Thank you also to Hanane for looking after us during our stay and always having a smile!
Azra and Mat

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here! I was very happy to get to spend time here after a long day coming up from Marrakesh. Fatima, the owner, always had tea ready and was a source of useful and practical information (including how to get to Volubilis and what to pay), so I felt like I was learning about local hospitality, customs, and culture.

The property is very lovingly decorated and cozy. I got a free upgrade and chose the room on the terrace - was very excited about having both fan and AC.

The terrace was great for a delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I stayed in several different rooms for five weeks. It is a beautiful space, especially the rooftop terrace where the view is simply stunning. Fatima (the owner) is a true gem! She speaks Berber, Moroccan Arabic, French, English, and Italian. I loved getting to know her and she made me feel very welcome and at home. The location is very nice - in the old medina, very near to hadim and bab monsour. I cannot recommend Riad Amazigh highly enough!

Room Tip: Rooftop rooms are more private, but all rooms are beautiful and well kept
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Brady R
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We only had one day/night in Meknes last week and we were so thrilled to find this jewel of a property! The pictures are exactly as advertised, breathtaking and almost surreal - filled with beautiful items, mosaic tiles, pillows, mirrors, lamps. My daughter (5) couldn't believe her eyes: her exact comment was "Mommy, this is the most beautiful thing I have seen in my entire life" !! The staff was so kind (said daughter got sick at night) and helpful (they came and got us from one of the main streets to help us navigate our way through the medina to the ryad), and gave us recommendations for a lovely rooftop restaurant for lunch.

My little family had a brilliant stay here, the only thing I would "warn" against was the many stairs (in all sorts of directions) that might affect someone with smaller children or mobility issues) - they do have a ground-floor room, though. The rooftop terrace was beautiful, but it was January not June so we didn't get to use it as much as we would have liked. Relatively easy to find your way around with the map they provided and just a few minutes to Place Lahdim/ Bab Mansour.

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Katerina N
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Communal area is really beautiful. Roof terrace is great for sunset and breakfast (too cold when we were there). Rooms are large and clean but are a bit worn down.
The best part are the people. Super friendly!! First day we were guided to the square as we got a bit lost in the medina...

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple