“Best Place , Good Rates except there are no free parking!”
Review of El Oumnia Puerto

El Oumnia Puerto
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Tangier
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Big rooms & clean walking distance to the beach. Free breakfast. Flat TV, AC, hairdryer. Everything that a Hotel should have is here! There is a small fridge, I don't mind that there is no tea kettle as there are many Coffee Shop around the area. Nice pool. Wifi is working everywhere!!!! This is the best thing in the hotel the wifi in the room is strong!!! No complaints, one happy customer who will come back!

My only put off are the local people who hustle or locals who stares a lot ( I am clothed in polo shirts and jeans and with my husband) while walking along the beautiful stretch of sand. Turn right outside hotel and there you will find the beach (2 mins walking & crossing to highway)

There are no free parking in this hotel. You have to pay 100dhs per night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I ended up at Oumnia Puerto after a sketchy experience at an Airbnb. I was not enjoying my time in Tangier before I found this hotel, but as soon a I checked in, my vacation improved drastically. The service was amazing from the moment I walked in the door. Said (Sayid?) helped me book a room and he was so professional and pleasant. I thought the price was really reasonable for the season. The bed was very comfortable, shower was nice, housekeeping did a great job cleaning and restocking towels. The pool and surrounding area were lovely. I really enjoyed the live music out in front of the pool every night. I could just sit in my room, open the window, and take in the music and the view. The location of this hotel is ideal too. Very close to the beach and many restaurants. I believe it was about a 20 minute walk to the Kasbah. Overall, I could not have been happier with the Hotel Oumnia Puerto. I felt safe there as a solo female traveler and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Very friendly welcome ! Helpful staff. Some other hotels may take them as an example. Nice room. Clean bathroom. Breakfast with much variation.
Parking avalaible at 10 euro/day. Near the beach. Good restaurants in the area of the hotel.
WiFi not that good in the room.

Thank you 'El Oumnia Puerto' for the nice stay we had at your hotel!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I went with a group of 9 guys for 4 days in May 2017. Overall I enjoyed my stay in Tangier and I did like the hotel but there were a few incidents that left a sour taste. I'd like to make future guests aware of this so hopefully they don't find themselves in the same situation. Firstly I had had about £80-90 (possibly more) missing from my wallet which was locked securely in the safe, this was stolen over the space of a few days. Secondly our room key stopped working pretty much every day which meant that we had to reactivate it, a gentleman by the name of K Mohad in reception complained that he had to reactivate too many times but surely that's the hotels problem and not ours? This was followed by him shouting and being aggressive towards us, up to the point where he was asking us to hit him. I've never seen anything like it, we spoke to several staff members who didn't have positive words to say about him. We mentioned it to the Hotel Manager who acknowledged it but we never received an apology. The rooms were of a good standard, the bar staff were very friendly and hospitable but the incidents above would probably put me off staying there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RealDeal87
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

A group of 9 of us stayed here recently and whilst the hotel itself is OK, the customer service is atrocious. One of the duty managers in particular was threatening, aggressive and rude and took exception to us wanting our room cards to be reprogrammed as they were temperamental and would not work at times. The security guard and bar staff had to come in to break the argument up - is this how front office treats guests?! From memory his name is K. Mohad. How this man is employed in hospitality is beyond me. We were told by other guests and staff that this is not his first such incident.

They've also got a serious theft problem; money was taken from rooms. Watch out for this tactic particularly in lower level floors; housekeeping leave the windows open slightly so that it allows entry for someone to break in. Hotel would claim no liability.

Best part of the hotel is the bar staff who are excellent.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends