US$140
US$110
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$147
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$85
US$81
Airport Transit Lodges(Dar es Salaam)
US$41
US$38
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$106
US$76
US$72
US$70
ABC Travellers Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$34
  • Restaurant
US$85
Abla Hotel Apartments(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$66
Alexander's Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$157
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Stayed here one night in February 2017 with my boyfriend.

To start, the location was absolutely perfect. Only eight minutes walk from the bus station as well as the Dar-Express bus stop. Perfect if you arrive with a bus and you get an excuse not to take an taxi. The welcome at the reception was really excellent. Very good service. The rooms are quite cheap and you get what you pay for. The room was unfortunately a bit dirty and the bed clothing was speckled with dirt. Room was quite spacious. We also had som problem to close the window to avoid malaria mosquitos.

The hotel also had a pool on the roof. It was quite small and unfortunately dirty and you could not see the bottom of the pool because of dirt in the pool. The view from the pool over Dar es Salam was nice. They also had a gym on the roof, but we never tried it. The hotel also had security staff in the building but when we passed them they where sleeping. This was 05.00 AM in the morning. Hmm.... These things made me rate this hotel with two stars.

The dinner was ok, nothing to complain about. A huge menu, very good!

The conclusion is that is perfect to stay here if you arrive with the bus and need some place to eat and sleep for one night.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We were in dar es salaam for attending Muharram with syedna mufaddal Saifuddin (tus) but all hotels were packed and prices were very high but we found this hotel for only $40 per night and I can say I got the value for money...rooms were good as well as breakfast.... I have a very pleasant stay here .....

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for a work meeting. The positives:
1) The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful.
2) From my 10th floor room I had a great view all the way to the ocean.

The negatives:
1) The water was cold to tepid no matter what time of day I showered.
2) I was woken at 5am by the bells of the church next door tolling followed immediately by an incredibly loud church service. So loud that earplugs didn't help. The same church also had evening services.
3) Most of the lifts were broken, one broke while I was in it and we had to be rescued. One evening only one out of the 8 or so lifts worked but when I got in it had no working lights and so I was stuck in a pitch black elevator with a strange man. That lift was on the other side of the building from my room but the walkway was locked and the staff had no way of opening it. So I had to go down to a different floor and walk up a dark stairwell. One morning it took about 15 minutes just for me to get down to breakfast. The whole thing was a frustrating waste of time and felt very unsafe.
4) Our meeting room had no windows and a terrible smell, we had to ask to change rooms.
5) Much of the hotel shared areas floor were being renovated so it was dusty etc.
6) The decor in the rooms is very tired and needs modernising.

Overall, what's really appalling about the Blue Pearl is how much they are charging for the experience you get.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank golbornegirl
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

We were directed to this hotel after a flight miss. Honestly the only positive was the travel time from the airport. The hotel is terrible, with only one elevator working, a floor under retrofit work, and a 'bridge" to connect to the right corridor between the two side of the hotel. Room was just ok, water was cold to take a shower. If you look to run on a treadmill forget this too, to bad equipment! Food and food area are terrible, uninspiring. Well a definitely bad hotel. Unless you are redirected here by a airline company, don't choose this one.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

I booked this hotel for a while back when I was visiting Dar and had the opportunity. I do like the fact that it is right off Morogoro Rd and in a convenient place close to the regional bus-stand. and a few minutes drive to the airport (depending on time of day).

Room Tip: Good if you are on the go and boarding buses from Ubungo Bus Terminal and the UDART - Rapid Transit
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo