All reviews rooftop restaurant first floor business center short stay inns christopher dar africa gym traffic zanzibar indian ferry
Reviewed 24 May 2017

This hotel has a good location but everything else is just average. I have stayed at Holiday Inns in various parts of the world and they are great but certainly not this one. Service is slow. Breakfast is a big let down. Room size is just about ok. No special facilities for IHG members. Not even a welcome drink. Very disappointing.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Hello Lalitanu!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, Tanzania. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient.

However, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding service, breakfast and room size. We will look into these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This hotel is average- it was not worth the money that we spent here. I felt that the cost for breakfast was more than it was worth. There was a cockroach in my room on 1 occasion- I had to call down twice for someone to come and get rid of it!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hello Nisreen M,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to see your high rating on the hotel's location and apologize for your disappointment with the overall cleanliness of the room assigned to you and the value for our breakfast. This is not how we usually take care of our guests. I have forwarded your genuine observations to the hotel management for review for needed improvements in our rooms and breakfast options as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service and accommodations we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights whilst on a business trip. Hotel room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was good. The pub on the roof was lovely, food excellent beers even better! The downstairs restaurant dinner was average.

Shuttle service was easy with very pleasant drivers.

Hotel is recommended.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Grant_I_W
Reviewed 6 April 2017

At this venue for a conference, we had a group of 50+ at the venue.

I was given a suite, Room 801. These aren't a partulclary large suite, but do have two rooms. An lounge, entry room, and a bed room, as well as two bathrooms. The two bathrooms was a bit odd, but not an issue.

What is interesting about the x01 rooms is that they are very quiet and have no neighbors. They are on a corner of the building. The hall outside ran all the way to the windows, so no neighbor on my right as I face the room. On the left of the room there is some form of service ducts, or other non-room space, which means no neightbours on the left. Across the hall is the stairwells, with the door somewhere else. WAlking into the room you have the lounge room, and then off to the right, the bedroom. All off this means no neighbors! No neighbors! So if you want your privacy because you want to sleep without noise, this room is perfect. If you want your privacy because you have something noisy planned then you won't be disturbing your neighbors on your level! It is one of the most private hotel rooms I have ever been in in a high rise hotel block.

On the down side the air conditioning was noisy, so I turned off the bedroom aircon and left the lounge room one on with the door open. That was fine.

The linen was a bit old and of variable quality. The first night the pilling on the sheets was quite bad. I thought there was crumbs or dirt in the bed when I first climbed in.

But, with the privacy of the room, I will go back. Nothing worse than noisy neighbors with their TV on!

Room tip: I asked and the x01 rooms are apparently all suites of the same configuration of 801, so all very private.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at Holiday inn a couple of times, actual i have stayed here the most compared to other hotels in dar, i love the location, convenient. The check in is always quick and smooth and the buffet is great, but i was disappointed for not being allowed to take a takeaway for breakfast as i had not registered at the reception! I couldnt tell what difference it made, the waitress inquired with the supervisor who asked me to go to the reception as they can only issue takeaways as per instructions from the reception. I am not sure if there was a misunderstanding, but if this is the case, it is very discouraging as i was attending a medical examination which required me to fast that morning and i would miss the bf by the time i finish my medicals. Otherwise, it has always been a beautiful place to stay.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Mo G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Hello Mo G,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that our location is convenient for your needs and your check-in experience is always great. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience that negatively affected your stay. Most probably it was just a miscommunication amongst our staff. Nonetheless, your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest and it is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thanks for being a part of our continuous efforts of creating great hotels that guests love. Your loyalty is always greatly appreciated and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.