All reviews rooftop restaurant first floor business center short stay inns christopher dar africa gym traffic zanzibar indian ferry
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I thought I’d try the Holiday Inn for the first time in an African city. I was quite surprised. Although the rooms are very basic, as would be expected, it was comfortable and spacious enough. The bathroom was very small and difficult to turn yourself around in. The food in the restaurant shows good variety for dinner and the breakfast is above average. The location is perfect for moving around town central and if it wasn’t for traffic everything would be close. I had a nice view from my room and the staff was very friendly. I enjoyed the rooftop restaurant and the whiskey is not as expensive as other hotels.

TV – The TV is small and basic. It often lost signal too. It has port for HDMI and USB, but none of them work. So I could not connect to laptop for work purposes. The desk also faces the wrong way.
Pillows – They have a “soft” and “firm” option. So it worked out ok with a combination of each. I slept well.
Room-service burger – Not too bad, but another one with egg on it. It fills a gap, but nothing special.
Gym – Very adequate gym with decent treadmills and some dumbbells. A couple of plate machines allow for a basic upper body workout. Not a lot for legs though.
WiFi – Not bad, lost it here and there but generally it is good.

Room Tip: Stay high up, there is a lot of noise at street level
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hello Rasdok,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip. It is nice to know that most aspects of your stay were pleasant, namely our location, rooms, dinner selection, and fitness center. I do apologize if the size of the bathroom and breakfast options were not at par.

Your comments are appreciated and will be used to focus on future improvements of our hotel. We would love to welcome you again on your next visit.

Tracy V.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Hotel is located in city center and you can find ATM, PHARMACY , BANKS, TAXIS, near by. Rooms seems to be bit over priced but can be cancelled out with the location it is placed in. Breakfast is good. If you are Indian and vegetarian, the breakfast is the one you are looking for. The pub on the roof top and the one at the first floor are good.
I had some problem with wifi, for which the manager provided a wi-pod.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are the costliest ones but if you are on a business trip better to opt for a standard room.
Reviewed 24 May 2017

This hotel has a good location but everything else is just average. I have stayed at Holiday Inns in various parts of the world and they are great but certainly not this one. Service is slow. Breakfast is a big let down. Room size is just about ok. No special facilities for IHG members. Not even a welcome drink. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Hello Lalitanu!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, Tanzania. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient.

However, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding service, breakfast and room size. We will look into these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This hotel is average- it was not worth the money that we spent here. I felt that the cost for breakfast was more than it was worth. There was a cockroach in my room on 1 occasion- I had to call down twice for someone to come and get rid of it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hello Nisreen M,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to see your high rating on the hotel's location and apologize for your disappointment with the overall cleanliness of the room assigned to you and the value for our breakfast. This is not how we usually take care of our guests. I have forwarded your genuine observations to the hotel management for review for needed improvements in our rooms and breakfast options as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service and accommodations we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights whilst on a business trip. Hotel room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was good. The pub on the roof was lovely, food excellent beers even better! The downstairs restaurant dinner was average.

Shuttle service was easy with very pleasant drivers.

Hotel is recommended.