“Good value, Pleasant stay”

Tanzanite Executive Suites
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel on our first and last day on our trip to Tanzania.
it has an ideal location (Morogoro road), with banks, taxis and eating places all within a stone's throw.
The rooms are spacious, airy and clean. Carpeting is kept to a minimum, and this is excellent for the humid climate. The upper floors offer some great views, all the way to the ocean.
The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and happy to share their knowledge of the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors, as the area can be a tad noisy over weekends .
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Very good hotel. Breakfast was quite Good,and the hotel is in the center of the City.Security is very good and it make you feel safe. We were very happy that we stayed in this hotel.All staff were very polite and Helpful. Thanks a Lot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Navinchandra P
MohamedabbasJessa, General Manager at Tanzanite Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Navinchandra P

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable experience staying with us.

Customer service is our number one priority, and we are glad that we were able to take good care of you while you stayed with us.

We hope to see you again in the near future,

With kind regards,
Mohamedabbas Jessa

Reviewed 10 October 2017

First Id like to thank the entire team at Tanzanite executive, these guys are awesome.

After traveling 16 hours i accidentally booked a room for the wrong date, upon realizing this the manager had told me what I did. I was worried that if I cancel I would get charged, but the management were very understanding and moved the dates for me with ease and were happy to assist! This for me was a huge relief as I could only stay the one night.

The rooms are clean and spacious! Your provided with all the necessities, kettle, coffee, cutlery, food menus from local areas, toothbrush and soap!

The location is probably the best in Dar es salaam, close to the ferry to get to zanzibar (5 min walk), Taxi rank right outside hotel, after 6pm literally round the corner from the hotel there is a number of food places serving, cheap, high quality food. Ill admit this has been some of the tastiest food I tried in my life.

The staff are all friendly, from the guys in the elevator to the guys at reception, they will make you feel welcome and part of the family.

On my last day before I flew out, I returned to this hotel after my visit to Zanzibar, because it was the only place I was familiar with in DAR, even though I did not stay the night, the staff were happy for me to leave my luggage there whilst I went out to eat. They provided me with refreshments (on the house) and also let me use the wifi and sit in the lobby for as long as I needed.

If you are visiting Dar es salaam for the first time. Then this is the place you need to stay at. they go above and beyond your expectations, its a safe environment for tourists. There is a bureau change 2 mins away (very fair rates), ATM 3 mins Away. Food 3 mins away.

special thanks to the receptionist that was working on the evening of the 8th October, this gentleman was extremely helpful, however his name escapes me.

Room Tip: double room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2017

The staff gave us a very warm welcome, offering us complimentary glasses of juice while we waited in the reception to check into our room. The rooms are clean and spacious, wifi is very good and the hotel is close to most points of interest like the ferry and museum.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Only stayed at hotel as a stopover (10hrs)before we flew home after coming in on the ferry from Zanzibar. 10-15min walk away

Room was large, comfortable twin beds, Large shower, good aircon, a microwave. Tv has lots of different languages channels.

Wasn't in hotel long enough to see breakfast.

A mosque is nearby so calls to prayer is loud. Lots of street food available also in room delivery available.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Neil M

Thank you for your positive review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We apologise for the loud call to prayer in the morning, there are several mosques located in the city and so the call to prayer is inevitable.

We hope to host you again in the near future.

With kind regards,