“Chinese restaurant for daily use”
Review of Tai Huo San Zhuang

Tai Huo San Zhuang
Ranked #118 of 335 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Very ordinarily Chinese restaurant. Food is good.Price is reasonable. If you are tied to have Swahiri food every day, here is a good place to fresh you.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

After a stroll through down town Dar we decided it was time for Chinese food. We entered the restaurant and a nice English speaking waiter brought us to out table, gave us the menu and took our order: sizzling prawns and beef hot pot. When our food arrived, we realized that we would never be able to eat all of this sizzling goodness in one evening.. Although very tasty, we had to take the leftovers home. No problem at all! We are happy costumers.

1  Thank Mariëlle V
Reviewed 10 November 2016

We found this restaurant by searching at internet. We came a bit early for dining it open at 18 PM. It serves variety of Chinese food, chicken, beef, fishes and seafood. Also nodle, rice and fride rice. The food taste was good. The ambience was nice.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Nasty experience and I just walked in for a takeaway What U Wan! was the welcome greeting at the door, anyway food is nothing to go by, owner is full of her self and absolutely no manners would be forgiven if the food was good - I ordered an easy chinese meal, no taste, watery over cooked and topped by cold dry boiled rice, Go to "HongKong Restaurant" 350 m away for a decent tasty mean worth the short walk
Outside and Inside DIRTY unorganised management

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I choose to eat there because it is located at walking distance of the Tanzanite Hotel were I stayed and also because I love Chinese food but this was a total disappointment. It was 1p.m. on a Sunday and when I entered the place there were only 3 Asian guests, all busy on Internet with their mobile telephones. A woman behind the counter hardly looked at me and called a waiter to show me a table. The latter, a local boy, without any greetings, brought me to a table and dropped a menu, asking immediately what I wanted to eat, not giving me any time to read the menu. I told him to bring me a bottle of wine while I would consider what to choose. Having brought the wine he started to fumble but couldn't use the corkscrewer properly, so I had to show him how to do but never got a thank you for it. After he took my order of squid as a starter and prawns in lotus leaves as a main, I asked if I could get their Wi-Fi password but was told by the woman behind the counter that they didn't have Internet although the 3 Asians I saw previously were busy on it. I had to wait 45min. to get my starter of totally overcooked squid, nothing with it, not even a slice of tomato, totally bland dry squid and I had to insist to get a piece of lemon. Half of it returned to the kitchen! The prawns arrived but I never saw any lotus leaves any even the smallest piece of any vegetable and there was so much garlic in a watery sauce that it burned one's mouth. Again, more than half returned to the kitchen. Paid my bill without leaving any tip and left the place without having received any word of thank you or good afternoon from that woman behind the bar. Promise myself to remember the place to make sure never to return.

1  Thank Georges N