“Paradise in Dar es Salaam!”
Review of Mbudya island

Mbudya island
Reviewed 7 February 2017

If You're Looking for a Day off from the Busy and chaotic life of Dar es Salaam, Then Mbudya Island is the perfect gate away location,
This place has the perfect water to take a Dip (Deep water), Lovely Fresh Sea Food and the most relaxing atmosphere!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Easy to get there. Take a taxi to Waterworld and then the small ferry to the island. For lunch fresh fish with pommes frittes and beer. You can rent some ok snorkeling equipment for almost no cost. Really nice for relaxing and swimming in lovely water!

1  Thank Nicole_Sthlm
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We were a family of 5 plus 3 friends, all grown ups. We came there by boat from "Water World" where we already paid the entrance fee. Arriving on the island we were welcomed by the guards that wanted to collect the fee or see our tickets. We then walked across the island to a beautiful beach where we were almost by ourselves. We snorkeled the whole day and it was just wonderful! So many fishes, starfishes and other animals in the nice looking corals! For lunch the most had lobster or fish. Me as a vegetarian in the group asked for some vegetables, but they didn't understand. So I only had chips. Now to the sad part: I don't understand, why there is so much waste all over the island! Me and my mom walked a bit on the other side and there was one place full of waste! Even on the beach, where we stayed there was a lot of metal and other stuff lying around. My father collected some and put it in a ton. After our stay the ton was completely full! Also at the 'restaurant' there was a lot of trash lying around. When I collected some bottles and other stuff, the staff asked me, why I do that, if I want to keep them. I said, that I think this trash should not lie around and put it into another ton, that was completely empty! I don't understand, what's going on there. It is a NATIONAL PARK. You have to pay entrance fee. And they don't care about the environment! That was very sad :(

5  Thank Shari v
Reviewed 20 January 2017

15 mins by boat from mainland Tanzania. Very quiet and great to isolate yourself for a relaxing day.

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Good location and great food. Can get crowded but the area is big. Although it does get pricey. Overall a nice experience.