“One of the worst restaurants ever”
Review of Rodizio

Rodizio
Ranked #243 of 325 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I seem to agree with all the terrible reviews here. 1 litre juice instead of a glass. After looking at the menu and the terrible buffet with just one item of octopus and rice I decided to not order food as there were hardly any customers. This restaurant has nothing to do with Brazilian cuisine. The crooks there tried to charge me 50% service charge for drinks on a manually written bill and when I complained they refunded it. They blamed it on the system and the owner. I would never go there again. Bad food, bad integrity. With very few clients on a weekend they will probably shut down soon.

1  Thank SaifAhmed2

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

This is a meat lovers haven. The music inside was too loud so opted to sit out in the open air. Was nice and cool. They had some excellent choices of meats. The top side sirloin was THE BEST. The only downside was the service. Apparently our group just loved the sirloin so it took them way too long to bring it everytime. Surely a place I would recommend to anyone. Management should just upgrade the service a little. Overall a great night out.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I gotta tell you . If you're a carnivore like I am and are craving different sizzling barbecue flavors, don't skip this place next time you visit Dar. I was invited on an informal meeting with an old school mate of mine who wanted to introduce me to his other business partners. Enjoyed the different flavored steaks from rump steak, pork chops, bbq goat, chicken wings, fish, beef and/or chicken mishakaki's and the variety self-serve salads that comes inclusive. It is around Tsh 40,000 to 50,000 per person for lunch & dinner respectively not including drinks you decide to take. Resembles Fogo de Chăo chain of restaurants. Perfect for gatherings of even 10 to 12, with advanced reservation.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We came to rodizio, because we know it from germany. Although its a branch, we expected it will be a bit different from the one in germany. But what we got, was an affort! First of all, the waiter wanted to know straight agead what we would eat while entering the place sn tried to push us into the meat buffet which sounded nice. But since it was over our budget, we took beef sirloin (18.000tsh) with potato wedges and tilapia (15.000tsh) with salad buffet (10.000tsh). We waited for some time, and the waiter came telling me the tilapia is not available. So i ordered beef salad instead. He told me i cannot skip the salad buffet order because it is almost prepared. Strange, i thought, because a salad buffet is supposed to be ready. After some minutes he came bsck telling me beef salad is not available. He pushed me into the beef. We wad for a lonher time and the food came finally (although we were the only guests): a small bowl of green leaves with a tomatoe and a few pieces of cucumber without dressing and some dry pieces of dead-fried meat (he asked us beforehand if we wanted the steak medium and we said yes). You couldnt call it steak no way!!! We told the waiter that is not what we understand as steak and salad BUFFET, and he said salad buffet is not available right now. We argued for some time and asked for the chef. He didnt come. So we left. We really cannot recommend it! Better go a few streets further to "jackies" pub, where you get a big plate of chips, mishkaki (barbecued beef on a skewer, really delicious) and you can watch football. The masses of people sitting there cant be wrong ;)

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Typical Dar staff- Useless with a capital U. Had no clue of anything. Maybe it was too local. Anything we asked for they looked clueless and the first drink and food item we ordered from menus they didn't even have. Didn't look like anyone was eating and but I did someone come over with a tray of food (not cut meat at table. ) You ask them a question they just say yes or no, not even knowing what the question is (it's Dar).

We finished our drink and left without finally ordering any food and moved on somewhere else quickly.

Avoid.