US$169
US$136
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$104
US$92
  • Free Breakfast
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$106
US$81
Airport Transit Lodges(Dar es Salaam)
US$42
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$98
US$95
ABC Travellers Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$34
  • Restaurant
Alexander's Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$157
Airport Guesthouse(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$99
Abla Hotel Apartments(Dar es Salaam)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$66
All reviewsasian restaurantpalm restaurantrooftop barinfinity poolthe executive loungenice poolwonderful hotelfitness centertop floormain restaurantbreakfast buffet isan oasisclean hotelbusiness triprooms are comfortablesea viewenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I went to this hotel a number of years ago when it was managed as a Kempinski. The difference now is amazing. Very good service from an ever attentive and smiling staff as well as excellent food especially the pastries and dessert trolleys. I will definitely be going there again on my next Tanzanian trip.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Stayed for three nights on a business trip. Despite kindly requesting Husna and Timothy for a decent room,they proceeded to check me into a room next to the elevators. Had to complain and was promptly moved.

It's a typical business hotel impersonal and clinical. What amazed me is that the two restaurants served a great quality fare but the room service was probably the worst I have ever experienced. The food was stale and the hot tray was filthy. A colleague confirmed a similar experience.
I would highly recommend the Oriental for Chinese cuisine.

Be aware that if you a light sleeper they slip the paper under your door at about 3am in the morning.

The view on the 8th floor is great overlooking the port.

In summary, a pricey hotel and will only recommend for a business trip and if you need stay in the city. I am certain that you could do better elsewhere. I would not revisit this hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooking the port
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Seedat
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had breakfast and brunch at the Hyatt Regency while coming in and out of Dar from Zanzibar. It's a very nice property very close to the ferry terminal (at a walking distance) and that's why we chose it. The breakfast selection is very good to satisfy all tastes and so is brunch. There's also an Anantara spa with a outside pool on the 1st floor. Very relaxing place in the heart of Dar.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

From the minuted I arrived until I left 3 nights later, everything was perfect. The driver was so helpful and told me all about the city, the luggage guy was quick and so friendly, also the check in was great. They upgraded me to a suits which was the best ever. The room was cleaner then clean. The amenities just wonderful.
All the meals tasted unbelievable good, the pool was beautiful, spa was great…..I just had the best 3 days ever.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Corinne F
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for one night in Sept 2012, so my experience was limited. The hotel comes across as being very opulent, and while the room I stayed in was tastefully furnished, I found it a little 'clinical'. The spread for breakfast was very extensive and as good as I have experienced in hotels in East Africa. So if you are looking for that 'home-away-from-home' feel, this is not the hotel to experience it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business