Olduvai Camp
Ikoma Safari Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Serengeti Tented Camp - Ikoma Bush Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$273
  • Breakfast included
Serengeti Acacia Camps(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$390
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
One Nature Nyaruswiga Serengeti(Serengeti National Park)
US$1,441
US$1,397
Lobo Wildlife Lodge(Serengeti National Park)
Ikoma Wildcamp(Serengeti National Park)
  • Restaurant
Lemala Ewanjan Tented Camp(Serengeti National Park)
  • Restaurant
Siringit Serengeti Camp(Serengeti National Park)
Kisura Sirengeti Tented Camp(Serengeti National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssunset walklocal maasaingorongoro craterafrica travelone nightmaasai guidewatch the sunsetshifting sandsguided walkfrench companyrocky outcropcharge devicesan overnight stayafrican landscapegreat opportunitybumpy roadunique experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Olduvai Camp was amazing – we had such a great experience there! We loved the sunset walk with our Masai guide and they even set up a special honeymoon dinner for us! We also got a lovely bottle of wine in our room - so welcoming, thoughtful, and wonderful!

We made lots of new friends with the people we dined with every morning and evening, and the entire atmosphere was very convivial and fun. The bar is open-air - so much fun to sit and relax in the evenings with a big glass of Tusker exchanging stories with other travelers.

We took a walk to the Masai village - it took about 3.5 hours. It was interesting, but felt a little like we were intruding on people's lives. Still, they were very welcoming and it was really interesting to see how they lived.

Our tent was so great - in the morning, we could see giraffes crossing the plain in front of our tent from bed! We couldn't have asked for a better place to spend a few days. We'd like to thank the staff of Olduvai for giving us such a special experience!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 3 March 2015

I don't know how else to put it. It was almost surreal, having these tented lodges in the middle of the safari. We used Olduvai Camp when we booked our Expedology Safaris trip to the Ngorongoro Crater. The combination of the this camp (resort?) and safari was eye-opening. It was my first and one of my fondest memories. I'm hooked and hope to go back soon!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wesley C
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Only reason I did not give 5 stars is that the beds and the food were not quite up to the level of the other camps at which we stayed. On the other hand, the prices at Olduvai Camp were quite a bit less. The setting and the interaction with the local Maasai guides is magical, mystical, inspirational, spiritual. Hope to come back. Won't ever forget our two days here. Ask for Kitende as your Maasai guide. We bonded so strongly with him - he became a friend and mentor.

Dave

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2015

We spent two nights at Olduvai Camp and it was magical. The facilities built into the rock outcropping a were unique. The staff were warm, welcoming, very helpful, and friendly. I loved having breakfast on the Terrance...a few steps above the camp, situated in some rocks with an endless view. Food was also very good. The fact that young Masai boys were herding goats in front of our tent was a plus.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2015

We came to this camp after a 9 mile, 8 hr hike through the mountains, so it could have been a tarp over a tree and we would have been happy to see it, but obviously it was better than that.

We must have come the back way, because the drive to the camp very bumpy, we were basically off-roading. Driving up to the camp is very cool, it's flat land all around and the camp just rises out of the ground tucked in and around a kopje.

We arrived to iced chai and towels to clean off. After the hike these were the ultimate luxury. We were taken to our tents, a double and a triple, numbers 4 and 5. The whole area is covered in Sansevieria ehrenbergii, aka a spiky plant called olduvai. Be wary, because I did scratch and stab myself on a couple throughout our stay. The tent was spacious and could hold 3 beds easily. I was a little nervous about the bathroom technically being outside, but there was only 1 small spider who made an appearance. Hot showers were great after the hike. We wanted to to the sunset walk, but we were just too tired.

After a much needed nap we hung out in the bar area reading and charging our cameras. The staff was wonderful. We got some Swahili lessons and they were great fun to hang out. I liked this lodge because there were some guides hanging out in the bar too. I like being able to hang out with our guide at the end of the day. Usually they go into a part of the camp that we can't go, so it was a nice treat.

Dinner was very good, and they brought be a special dessert because my banana allergy prevented me from enjoying the dessert tart. Even though the area is not screened in the roof is very high so there were no bug problems while eating. We were so beat after the day that we went right to sleep. We had a little episode in the middle of the night with a mongoose trying to get into our tent. Scary at the time because we didn't know what it was, but a fun story afterward.

Breakfast was great and the lunch box food was the best of our trip. We headed out to the Ndutu area and spend the better part of the day off-roading getting really close to animals. We came back to the lodge around 3pm, and at 4 we met 2 Massai guides for a walking safari around the camp. My parents were so tired that it was only me, my brother and my boyfriend. We had the same guide who took us through the mountains the day before, Rayan, so it was like being with an old friend. We walked for about 2 hours and got very close to giraffes, zebras, wildebeest and impala. It was very worth it. We watched the sunset and headed back to the rooms to freshen up.

Again dinner was great and we spend a few hours after by the fire looking at the stars and talking to the Massai about our cultures. That was probably one of my favorite parts of the trip. We live such different lives, and it was cool to compare.

Overall it was a great camp. The staff was amazing, the rooms clean and comfortable and the views around the camp were great! I would stay here again if I ever get the chance to go back to Tanzania.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family