Mapito Tented Camp Serengeti(Serengeti National Park)
US$435
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
GNU Migration Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$452
US$373
Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$580
  • Breakfast included
Grumeti Migration Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$427
Orbitz.com
Ikoma Safari Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Asanja Africa(Serengeti National Park)
US$475
  • Breakfast included
Grumeti Migration Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
US$559
  • Breakfast included
Asanja Grumeti(Serengeti National Park)
US$574
  • Breakfast included
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti(Serengeti National Park)
US$1,691
US$1,360
Serengeti Pioneer Camp(Serengeti National Park)
US$1,265
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssunset walklocal maasaingorongoro craterone nightmasai guiderocky outcropguided walkwatch the sunsetafrica travelshifting sandsfrench companycharge devicesevening sunsetan overnight staymaasai warriorafrican landscapemasai village
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

We enjoy both basic and luxury travel and olduvai camp ticked both boxes.

The camp is in an isolated area of the gorge with clean, spacious tents all with magnificent views. The staff were excellent, very friendly and professional.

We did a walk with the masai and were lucky enough to bump into some giraffes, with an onward walk to the local village which, whilst some might consider expensive at $50, afforded a unique insight into their way of life and was very enjoyable.

I would highly recommend the camp if you want a couple of nights of peace with as much or as little activity as you wish in between.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anonymoose11
Reviewed 20 April 2015

We stayed here as part of our safari arranged by Expedology Safaris. The lodge was so unique and the views were amazing! This was also the camp we stayed at when we completed our Big 5. We got a rare opportunity on our off road game drive to see a huge male leopard. We also saw a few cheetas as well. It was a great two days on our march across Tanzania.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

When first told that I would be sleeping in a tent in the Serengeti I thought to myself "that's not going to happen" - as I am not really one to like to share my room with "critters".

So imagine my surprise when pulling into this spectacular place and now saying that I want to come back over and over and - yes - sleep in those tents !!

Located in some sort of massive rock formation standing in the middle of the African plains, the "camp" has a wonderful bar, restaurant, common areas including an outstanding perch at the top of the rock where you can enjoy a view second to none of the surroundings and sunset and sunrise (if like me you are up that early).

There are more luxurious camps in the region, but none that I have stayed to have such a location and opportunity to do a walking safari along a gorge where all types of animals frequent, and a staff so proud that they literally give you the clothes if this backs.

Great great stay.

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 3 April 2015

Olduvai Camp was amazing – we had such a great experience there! We loved the sunset walk with our Masai guide and they even set up a special honeymoon dinner for us! We also got a lovely bottle of wine in our room - so welcoming, thoughtful, and wonderful!

We made lots of new friends with the people we dined with every morning and evening, and the entire atmosphere was very convivial and fun. The bar is open-air - so much fun to sit and relax in the evenings with a big glass of Tusker exchanging stories with other travelers.

We took a walk to the Masai village - it took about 3.5 hours. It was interesting, but felt a little like we were intruding on people's lives. Still, they were very welcoming and it was really interesting to see how they lived.

Our tent was so great - in the morning, we could see giraffes crossing the plain in front of our tent from bed! We couldn't have asked for a better place to spend a few days. We'd like to thank the staff of Olduvai for giving us such a special experience!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara H
Reviewed 3 March 2015

I don't know how else to put it. It was almost surreal, having these tented lodges in the middle of the safari. We used Olduvai Camp when we booked our Expedology Safaris trip to the Ngorongoro Crater. The combination of the this camp (resort?) and safari was eye-opening. It was my first and one of my fondest memories. I'm hooked and hope to go back soon!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple