“It's clean not upgraded but had high speed internet”
Review of Holiday Inn Harare

Holiday Inn Harare
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Harare
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was there for one day meeting. The hotel didn't like the pictures I saw on the internet. But hey I was there for work, what mattered was a bed, food and connectivity. The staff members were great especially the restaurant staff. I enjoyed being there since I could work, eat, and touch base with my people at home. It's close to the city centre if you have any business there. I will single out Tafadzwa, Last and Never as the gentlemen who served me with an open heart and diligence.

Room Tip: Was on the fourth floor it was nice and quite.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The most updated area of this hotel is the lobby. The rooms are old and outdated and need a complete overhaul. The carpet is worn and tattered and need replacing in the entire facility. The are so safes in the rooms and so there is no way to secure valuables. Since I stayed here years ago, I assumed from the pictures that things were better. They were not. Disappointed indeed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2017

close to city centre for business activities yet luxurious with provision of tantalizing meals . swimming pool area spcious for outdoor bar and snacks.an ideal place to relax after a long day in town.recommended

Room Tip: rooms opposite samora machel are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
MildredChizombe, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Harare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Manasa M

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Harare .
We are pleased to have been of service to you, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to improve our services.
We thank you for your support, and look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Harare.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

If you are looking for a hotel with a comfortable bed, and not much more - Holiday Inn will suit your needs. The room was clean, but small (especially the bathroom), but there is a refrigerator and you can request an iron and ironing board. The wifi was steady and strong and the breakfast buffet was good with a fair number of items, the staff are friendly and helpful. Other than that, there is not much else to review, expect room service was very slow -- my food was cold when it finally arrived.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool which closed at 5:00pm, so it was quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Barbra H
Thank you for sharing with us the experience you had during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Harare.We are pleased to have been able to provide a quality, seamless experience, and that our staff ensured that your stay lived up to expectations.
We have noted the issues which you highlighted, and these are being addressed.
Thank you for your support, and we look forward to hosting you again on your return...

Reviewed 22 July 2017

To gauge that a hotel is great is by observing the welcome that one receive at the front desk and the speed with which the service is rendered. To me the reception is not as efficient as it should. May be increasing the staff at the front desk would do the trick.

I have been to the hotel several times and one impressive thing is the complete face lift of the hotel. It really looks great! Harare Holiday Inn Hotel Rooms are huge and gives one the relaxation mood. The rooms have been redecorated and they look good. The air conditions though need attention.

The restaurant is located at the ground floor and is manned by very efficient staff! I had one of my best meals on my first day. It was so fresh and appetizing to say the least. I loved the meal. The buffet food to me is average and the choice is limited. I expected to have some traditional menu on the long week but none, may be it was not the week. I would have loved some braai!

The hotel's location in relation to access to some activities is excellent. If one wants to drive out of the city from the hotel its really easy as it is by the road that leads to Bulawayo to the west, Mutare - Nyanga - Chimanimani to the east.

Generally the staff is polite and would always greet guests, which to me is great and they should keep it up.

Room Tip: Floor 3 termed non-smoking but people smoke there.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
MildredChizombe, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Harare, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Maka

We have noted the issues which you highlighted, and these are being addressed.
Thank you for your support, and we look forward to hosting you again on your return .