“Nice”

Rainbow Towers Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Harare
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed for three nights. Everything was good however some furniture looked a bit old. The breakfast was nice, so was the wifi in my room. The visa payment machines are tricky, I tried to pay with my card but the machine issued a disapproval, so I paid in cash but later I found out that the sum was also deducted from my account and I am in endless issues with my bank. So pay in Cash better

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
RTH General Man... T, General Manager at Rainbow Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Refreshing day,

The team at Rainbow Towers would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences during this particular stay. We have taken note of the challenges you encountered with our Visa machines and have since engaged our service providers for corrective action to avoid recurrences.

Your compliments regarding our breakfast are most appreciated and we are happy that we are indeed living up to one of our core values which is: “fresh food”.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I had stayed in this hotel 17 years ago and had visited a few times since. Stayed again this time and was unimpressed. The guards at the gate were fast asleep when we arrived. My kids found that funny. The lobby is still very nice and the staff were brilliant.

The rooms were in decent shape and clean. The bathrooms are just ok but could do with some sprucing up. The door locks are rigged with wires exposed. I'm sure that if they took time to properly enclose them this can be resolved. A little investment in this property could make a huge difference.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
RTH General Man... T, General Manager at Rainbow Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Refreshing day,

Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty and support over the past 17 years.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback which we have taken serious note of, rest assured that appropriate corrective action will be implemented to address all areas of concern.
While we hope that all issues to do with the product will be fully addressed on completion of the on-going refurbishment exercise we will, in the interim continue to religiously apply our “Rainbow Fix It” programme to address snags as we go.

Once again, thank you for your support and we look forward to you return visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I most certainly do not like this hotel, most especially the interior. It's very old fashioned & some of the rooms have gaps in the ceiling which makes it very creepy. They do however have rooms that are renovated but it's very disappointing to sleep in an old room & on the next visit sleep in a new one & visa versa. Otherwise the staff is friendly & welcoming. The food is also okay

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Refreshing day,

On behalf of Rainbow Towers Hotel, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your much valued feedback which directs positively in our efforts to better meet your needs.

I am happy that you are aware that we are currently undergoing a phased refurbishment exercise. It is our sincere hope that upon completion of this exercise, you and other guests will find all our rooms to be comfortable.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I hadn't stayed here for years but was booked in by my office in Harare. The doormen & reception staff were very welcoming but sadly that's where it stopped. My room was on the 12th floor and throughout my 4 night stay I think only 1 lift was working so there was always a long wait for the lift.
Food at the Harvest Garden left a lot to be desired. The one evening I had the buffet dinner the meat was tough, vegetables looked like they had been cooked 2 days previously. Only the dessert table had limited appeal. Breakfast wasn't any better with fatty boiled bacon, no toaster and the chef on duty took forever to do an omelette. After two attempts I opted for the continental option.
The room was large & should have been comfortable but the aircon/heater control was stuck on 25 degrees so I ended up sleeping with the window open. It took two days to get this fixed. The lamp on the desk also needed repairs as I couldn't turn it on.
Wi-fi was available but very slow.

Definitely not what I had expected & not an option I would choose again

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
RTH General Man... T, General Manager at Rainbow Towers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Refreshing day to you!

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel and for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback, which we have taken serious note of, will go a long way in assisting us in our continual improvement endeavors.

We apologise for the challenges you experienced with our A/C and the delay in rectifying the same. We have great pleasure in informing you that, following the completion of the installation of two brand new elevators, all our lifts are now fully functional and elevator delays have since become a thing of the past.

We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

It was my first time ever in Africa although I am from Cairo. I really did not know what I should expect so I decided to be neutral regarding every thing starting from the airport till the hotel who was picked for me by a friend who has prior experience in Harare. The rainbow is rated at five stars but in my opinion it should be four stars as a maximum. At the reception, the staff was professional and finished my check in quickly. The hotel has a huge lobby was variety of restaurants and conference rooms. It reminds me with those hotels of the sixties. The room was average with old furniture that belong to an era that does not exist any more but the bed was comfortable and the room in general was clean although the A/C was working as a fan only. The bathroom was a shock to me. It needs immediate upgrade. The amenities were very poor, the towels are of poor quality, the shower cabin is old and so tight but they managed to supply hot water at all times. The staff of room service and the hotel in general are the best thing. They are prompt, polite, and very professional. The hotel location is good and seems close to the city center and about 30 minutes from the airport. Surprisingly, I would stay there again but this time I will take my own amenities with me . Last, the price of the room was reasonable.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Refreshing day!

On behalf of Rainbow Towers Hotel, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your “first ever” visit to Africa. We were indeed honored to be accorded this opportunity and we had so much pleasure in hosting you.

We have taken note of the issues that you highlighted for improvement. You would be glad to hear that we are actually in the middle of a phased refurbishment exercise which we are confident that ,upon completion, will significantly transform the Hotel in a positive way.

Your compliments regarding the politeness and professionalism of the Associates are well noted and greatly appreciated.

We certainly look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Harare during which all the issues to do with A/C and towels would have been satisfactorily resolved.