“Everything Brilliant ”
Review of The Three Monkeys

The Three Monkeys
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: A unique restaurant and cocktail bar situated in the heart of Victoria Falls Town and centered around a refurbished railway carriage initially built in 1935. The bar offers a selection of cocktails, draft beer, flavored G&Ts and an extensive wine list to suit all pockets. The restaurant boasts delicious wood fired pizzas, burgers, game meat and a couple of finer dining options to tickle your taste buds!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My first time in Vic Falls and first meal. Took me a while to get a table as the restaurant was fully booked. I had fillet espetada, juicy and rich in flavour. Awsome service from Brilliant, very knowledgeable and articulate. I will definately be back.

1  Thank Tinashe N
The_Three_Monkeys, Owner at The Three Monkeys, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are so pleased t hear you enjoyed your meal with us and received excellent service from Brilliant who is our star waitron. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While I was sorting some admin out with Wild Horizons (review elsewhere) my better half and kids had gone down to the River Brewery (review elsewhere) where we would meet later.

We’d walked past The Three Monkeys the previous day and thought not much of it, situated in the midst of a train station, the municipal offices, and a rather seedy looking “Snake Park”. But curiosity got the better of the wife enough to glance at the menu. Interest was piqued enough to suggest that we’d be back later. The kindly gentleman however suggested we book because it “might get a little busy”. Good idea.

On our return at 7pm that evening the place was pumping. But we had our well advised reservation.

Situated in what can only be described as a cross between a rather colonial train station, a beer hall and a bedouin tent, it does have some sort of fusion quaintness.

We ordered drinks, my 7yo son went to explore, and my 9yo daughter got stuck into her book. Now when it comes to wine, our experience of Vic Falls is that all the wine comes from its southerly neighbour, to which is added a somewhat massive tax/levy or whatever. A bottle of Darling Chenin Blanc can be had for a princely sum of R35 where it comes from. That’s about US$3. At the 3 Monkeys it’s 17 bucks. Not quite 6 times more expensive than we are used to but still. To be fair, I don’t think you’ll find wine cheaper than at the 3 Monkeys. But still, everything in this area is eye-wateringly expensive.

Ok, on to food. What we had was simply outstanding. We as a family of 4 shared 2 starters, a kudu (a large elegant antelope) carpaccio and Thai crocodile (a large ugly aquatic reptile) gougons if my kids can be convinced that crocodile is tasty you’d better bet it was done to perfection. The serving was a bit twee, but it got the message across. Pity it wasn’t served as a main.

For mains, Mom and the kids demolished a pizza while I had a trio of espetada, with Impala (one of Africa’s commonest antelope), Eland (the largest) and beef, for a taste perspective. I asked for rare, and that is what I got. You simply don’t eat game meat any other way, and it was delicious. The kids agreed too.

Sadly we didn’t stay for longer, as much as we would have liked to, as everyone was knackered.

The staff deserve thanks. They are engaging, super-friendly and super-efficient. Like most of the service in Zim. Their southern neighbours could learn a lot

1  Thank Simon B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a thorough review. We are so pleased to hear the food was outstanding and all enjoyed their meals. Thank you for the review of the staff as well.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place gets packed. We made a reservation but they were turning down people at the door. We ordered a pizza and beer. It was quite a long time till we ate. I think they lost our order. The waitress was very apologetic but food was good. It was close to the Kingdom hotel so we were able to walk there.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us, and happy to hear you booked, which we do recommend for dinner times and large groups.

So sorry that it took long, we do prepare everything fresh and it's likely that there was a slight backlog in the kitchen. We are pleased it was worth the wait.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Next door to our hotel, popped in for evening meal. Quite a good choice of food, particularly pizza. Prices were reasonable and service was pleasant and efficient.

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your pizza, and found the prices to be reasonable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed the meal had lunch as family had adventurers meals personally enjoyed my delicious ribs and salads my girls enjoyed trials on various meats meals kids enjoy most while waiting for food to be served since we waited long they enjoyed playing games offered for free
Superb place for kids big time family bonding my kids loved just by the entrance they had to visit the snake park

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and took advantage of the games while you waited. All food is prepared fresh so there can be slight delays here and there.