• Pool
Central Hotel(Yaounde)
  • Restaurant
JC Prestige(Yaounde)
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Awesome place . Nice view. Good Service! Very clean . I like it ... Room setting was very comfortable & welcoming. Great for new visitors. A place u can call home away from home Meumi Palace. Very safe . Can't wait to go back on my next trip . Thank u .

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kowar529
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is ok, rooms not too big but they are more then enough, clean, WiFi is good, Hot water, TV some news, movies and music channels but all in French. Breakfast is poor, coffee tea croissant but you can ask for an omelette for 1000 F or plate of fruits for 2000 F, they have taxi's for the hotel so u can use them safely, no need to be worried of theft. Employees need some time to be friendly but I guess due to the fact that some customers treat them bad, but they are OK in general. If u work with international organisation ask for the special rate ;)

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2015

I spent 3 nights there. The rooms are correct and clean. There is air conditioning, TV, a good bed and wifi . Breakfast is included in the price. Dinner can be taken at the restaurant of the hotel. This is located in Bastos area, a safe place in Yaounde surounding with shops and restaurants. If I have the oppertunity, I would go back there. Good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Denis P
Reviewed 17 January 2015

It's clean and well located and the restaurant was OK.

The reception staff, who barely speak a word of English, are probably the most unfriendly hotel staff I've ever met. I know I shouldn't, perhaps, expect customer care in Yaounde but they should have had the basics.

The room was full of broken items - too many to list. Most of these things would have been so easy to repair. Plugs hanging out, shower head gone - if I had a spare hour and the equipment I could have done these repairs and the room would have been fine. And I'm hardly a DIY expert!

I suppose the point I'm making is that the management of this hotel just don't care.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed 10 December 2014

Stayed here altogether for 5 months while working in the area (2013-2014). Best thing about the hotel is its location in the city with some nice restaurants and stores in walking distance, also felt quite comfortable walking around in the evenings. Be careful with the rooms they offer you as some might be in a terrible condition (missing/broken toilet seats, broken A/C's, moldy walls and my favourite: a missing door!). Once you find a decent room its not too bad, I preferred 3rd or 4th floor as they had refrigerators. Walls were thin so expect some noice from your neighbouring rooms and the rooster next door. WiFi comes and goes and is quite slow so don't count on it.

Don't let the staff's rude(ish) first impression fool you, they were quite pleasant after all, especially the bar staff! Breakfast was very modest with baguette, croissant and coffee/tea but you can get some OK dishes from the menu.

This is the only hotel I've stayed in Cameroon or even Africa so I do not have much to compare with, but if you have to stay in Yaounde I consider it a smart choice, unless you wanna splurge on the Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business