“Average ”
Review of Nexus Hotel

Nexus Hotel
Ranked #22 of 124 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Variety of choices are available on the breakfast buffet with cooperative staff.

Many of the dishes on the dinner menu weren't available, and the ones they had did not taste very good.
Relaxing environment in the bar area

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My experience staying at Nexus for a week was very pleasant. All the staff from the front desk to the restaurants were polite and very professional. Coming from California I planned on staying for only two nights but extended it for the week because of the great atmosphere created by the staff at the hotel. The manager Abiy Teferi was accommodating and very helpful with my requests. The rooms were clean and wifi worked perfectly during my stay. There is a hut like restaurant right next to the hotel that has great food and live music nightly. I would strongly recommend this hotel for all that it offers and would come again here.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the right side as you enter the hallway...sun comes in the morning beautifully.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Nexus for a transit layover on my way back home from uganda.
Check in was smooth, airport shuttle 24/7 work ed fine, room great and spacious, bathroom with bathtub - all very clean and welcoming. Really enjoyed my stay and will choose the Nexus for next longer visit to Ethiopia.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

it was my pleasure for gorgeous stay and promising welcoming at Nexus hotel from Mr Abiy the front office manager.

Thanks to Ethiopia Airline with excellent connections at every level of reception.

I am forward for your daily cooperation for all

with best Regards
Akech Kuol Akech KUR.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Check in was fast and painless with a friendly staff to help you check in and get your luggage to the room. The next day the desk person still knew me by name.
The twin room is very small in size and as normal for African hotels it was Uber stuffed with furniture so there was little space to put your belongings. However the furniture that was in the room was decorative as well as functional and comfortable. I had some issues such as the tv remote and the safe did not work but they quickly rectified the problem. The bathroom has a hair dryer that didn't have enough power to dry a bald mans hair and fell apart in my hands and almost came off the wall when I tried to use it.
WiFi is free and is as fast or faster than any of the other hotels I've stayed at in Addis.
The restaurant was clean and food fair for dinner and breakfast. I hoped to find a sugar free soda since I'm diabetic but that was not possible. Even when I asked if they could get some since I will be here all week they implied the couldn't. I asked for a cold bottle of water and that was not available either but they did bring me ice.
The room was cleans and the bed soft however like most hotels today it only had the sheet/comforters combination to cover up with. This combination would well suit your need if you were sleeping in the arctic region but not in Addis. Only solution to getting the room a little cooler is to open windows and let the mosquitoes in. I did ask them to replace their Arctic blanked with just a sheet which they were most accommodating to do so.
I had previously stated at another top rated hotel during my many trips to Addis but had to relocate since it really ran down hill. So far I would recommend the Nexus for a comfortable stay in Addis.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business