See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Not sure of the general standards of hotels in Abuja but I found this one pretty horrible. The rooms are old and grotty, the bedlinen smelt terrible and had bodily secretions embedded in it. Food was horrible - they have an all day buffet and it pretty much looks like it has been there all day. Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank travellingnickers
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Located in Area 11 off Gymbia Street, on Port Harcourt Crescent. A busy nightclub area so lots of places to sit outside for a drink, food, music or a soccer game on tv.

Basic accomodation, but clean, reliable water, electricity and best internet that I have found in Nigeria! Staff are very cheerful, great Nigerian food. Supermarket across the street is a good source of yogurt, bread, chocolate, water, juice, etc.

Some rooms noisy if you are on the side next to nightclubs

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank btegler
Reviewed 9 September 2010

a fairly good hotel, especially if compared with the 7 or 8 other hotels I checked before choosing the Crystall Palace. A good trade-off between price and overall quality. rooms are clean enough, internet, although slow is available in the rooms, the restaurant provides cheap food at all times and one can get a discount for stays longer than 3 nights. On top, the staff is definitely helpful. It is strange that some people felt the opposite.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I was most put off this hotel by the lazy, slow reacting staff who smile and seem polite but are unhelpful generally. I phoned for help and it took over an hour for someone to come up to the room- which I wanted to change. I was promised a change but it never came, eventually exhausted I tried to sleep. Room was small and smelled of 'air-freshener' - it didnt, just overpowered smell! When I found internet not working I again phoned for help but got no reply. I went down to reception on 3 occasions too. I eventually worked out that the staff were extremely well versed in smiling politely and giving false assurances. I was unable to sleep and my children were bitten by some insect in the bedding. Horrible experience. The food was also not kept as one would expect health and safety dictates.

Sadly I have been told this is one of Abuja's better hotels!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank DrMI_10
Reviewed 24 February 2010

The Crystal Palace is a home from home in Abuja for VSO volunteers in Nigeria. The staff have always made us extremely welcome and 'really try' to help. In the past few months many of the rooms have been modernised and are looking sleek although don't look too closely at some of the workmanship (a general piece of advice for visitors to this great country).

All rooms have computers and internet access is fairly reliable and cheap/free and power supply is almost constant. Besides which it's on the liveliest street in Abuja - although choose your room carefully to avoid experiencing the vibe of the local beer gardens in your room....

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business