All reviewswelcoming placenice breakfastresidential areaother guestsplace to stayhome away from homestayed herejosephsantospapyrusvillabedswificountryafricaairport
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Great location and the staff were nice and very helpful. Also a nice balcony and common area and the new bar also looked amazing for when it opened.

Downsides were...
- breakfast was very basic - rubbish bread, not real milk, no spreads for toast
- we had a double room and the bathroom smelled and the toilet leaked. We got a discount at the end (from 45 USD to 40 USD per night) I think 45 USD for a double room in a hostel is quite expensive though...
- no hot water - the solar panel set up although good in theory simply did not work
- bathrooms could have been cleaner and the showers all flooded

Still one of the best hostels in the area, but some easy fixes could make it perfect

Stayed: January 2018
Mijo L, Manager at Mijo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are sorry your expectations were not matched. We strive to improve the service we provide to our guest.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stayed a few nights in the Mijo hostel and had a blast. Met a bunch of great people and enyojed the clean and cozy location including the roof top with a great view over Kigali. The neighborhood is rather fancy with a lot of great restaurants and nightclubs around. If you want to meet other backpackers and have a great time going out and just enjoy your life, this is a great place to do so!
Breakfast is included and you can bring your own food and drinks.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We spent New years Eve in Kigali and stayed at Mijo Hostel a few nights, we had a great night with awesome people and enjoyed our stay a lot! We stayed in the private room which was really big, clean and beautiful!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I traveled for 6 months staying in hostels & this was the most memorable, amazing place I found. Walking distance to bars and great restaurants but that’s not why it’s so special... the magic of this place has everything to do w Joseph who runs and owns it and the staff. Simply put, you are treated like family. I would not stay anywhere else. It was unforgettable and Joseph went ABOVE AND BEYOND for every guest that came to visit. When my cell phone was stolen, he went with me to the police station in the middle of the night and helped me try and track it down for several days. This man is an angel and the environment he has created is a sanctuary for guests and travelers that should not be passed up. I think about this place and the friends I made there often and I look forward to the day I am able to come back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I've stayed in Mijo hostel for a couple of weeks last December. Everything is just right about this hostel - great design, great atmosphere, great staff and above all an amazing owner that transformed this former villa into an amazing hostel in such a short time period.

Definitely worth coming here while you stay in Kigali.

Cheers!

Branko Castro

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Mijo L, Manager at Mijo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you. Hope you are doing well!