“Pizza for lunch”

Ranked #144 of 210 Restaurants in Dakar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Friendly and efficient staff. Average food but good value. Ok for a casual business lunch. Nothing special. Favourite place for ex-pats.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

I lived about three blocks from Katia's when doing a contract in Dakar. I enjoyed the Pizza (yes, they have anchovies) and watching the happenings on the street from the patio. Inside was nicely appointed and bar selection was good. Upstairs is a far more upscale restaurant that is only known to some of the more influential locals. Good (but different) menu up and downstairs.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I have been to Katia many times in my visits to Dakar. The pizza is to die for! They cook their pizzas in a fire oven, giving it a nicely flavoured crust, and they put a very generous amount of cheese! Their menu offers a lot of french/italian dishes that are authentic and at an affordable price. Compared to many restaurants in Dakar, Katia gives you a larger portion for your money.

I have also been to Katia for their Petit Dejeuner - very delicious as well, and it comes with many options.

Easily one of my favourite places in Dakar!

Reviewed 30 January 2016

We found this restaurant when we were looking for to take lunch somewhere and because we were satisfied we decided to celebrate the New Year's Eve there. Lunch we ate down in the restaurant, but at night it was upstairs with nice view over the street.
Food was excellent, the whole evening was only perfect. So many different dishes we could choose between. Everything was really nice decorated and staff was only perfect. The cook too, he could do his food. Nice he was also.
So we had last day of the year in a nice environment with good food and nice staff. Without any stupid arrangement like not genuine Senegal dance for the tourists.

1  Thank Khamlia
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Katia is often full of customers in the front open air restaurant. Pizza is so so with lots of cheap cheese and cheap toppings, no pepperoni or sausage other than the sweet chorizo the order sometimes gets mixed up even though you point the topping out on the menu.
The staff can be rather rude at times.
the inside restaurant is noisy and in the evening mostly full of women looking for money.
I have been charged for drinks that i did not have and most of the time, there is one or more extra beers on the bill, it is convenient to go to Katia as it is close to my accommodations.