“Busy place for a quick hangout”
Review of Katia

Katia
Ranked #134 of 209 Restaurants in Dakar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Seemed like a hip lace to be, eat, drink, and make merry with friends.
Their portions are quite generous.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Although Katja has a reputation for pizzas this is definitely not top quality. Salty and too soft it is not made for any European taste. However local meat and fish dishes are good so luckily I gave them a second shot! Also the sandwiches and snacks are good. Waiters always look too busy to see you......

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Honestly, I can say much about the food at Katia since the first time i had a pizza bianca, as you can find in italy, and I liked it so much I have never had anything else. Five stars. Same the desserts, always delicious. To bad I ordered a pina colada last time, almost as expensive as the big pizza, served warm on a martini glass (very small. My friend had a glass of porto and also was very small). Look some pictures on how a pina colada is suppose to look, and how was mine. Will be back anyday for pizza, never for a drink.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

If you want atmosphere then this restaurant is for you. there Pizza is very popular with always a herd of locals waiting for takeaway pizza. I tried the pizza it has a lot of cheese and the best I have had in Dakar. The steaks are good too, large portions. You need to study the menu for some time as it is quite lengthy, generally the food is good, I have been there 5 times trying different food, the calamari starter is more like a main course, and cooked correctly. I am a French Chef and I would recommend it as good value friendly restaurant.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I wonder why several reviews rate this average because i truly think Katia deserves a higher rating. It takes a bit more than the ordinary for a pizza to impress me but Katia's seafood pizza was the absolute BOMB! Generous pieces of smoked salmon, shrimp, prawn & calamari drenched in a rich tomato sauce and cheese. My dining partner had the beef fillet and the quality of the meat was suberb...tender, juicy and cooked just right! The desserts looked delicious although i was too full to try them. The services could be better though. Highly recommended

1  Thank Biba H