“A nice place with little claim to fame”
Review of La Pampa

La Pampa
Ranked #2 of 240 Restaurants in Dakar
Price range: US$1,144 - US$38,148
Reviewed 2 September 2017

In a quiet street, with no lights around, the place is surprisingly clean and approachable by non-locals.

The dish tried had an overdose of garlic, but otherwise was good.

The staff was doing a good job all around. An invoicing in Euros (EUR) instead of the official pegged currency, CFA Franc (XOF), was not an issue at all.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I loved this place, so much so i ate here twice. 1st visit was a business lunch that was a mixed grill for two which was huge and was cooked to perfection.

Second visit was with a colleague, and even the burgers were amazing.

Will definitely return on my next trip.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I always go to LA PAMPA when I am in Dakar either for lunch or dinner and it is always nice.
The food is good and the location as well.
Always a good choice.

1  Thank Enrico A
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location in the heart of the capitale Dakar. Clean place, good food, profesional and dedicated staff. Reccomended for a quick business lunch.

1  Thank PABADOU
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Feeling really hungry and craving a great steak, I found this place on Trip Advisor rated quite high up on the list. Being close to the hotel, off I went to this place.

POSITIVE POINTS:
The restaurant is nice, modern and immaculate clean. Nice decoration adding in a warm feel to the place, and truly friendly staff, catering professionally to my needs with a smile on the face. Comfortable seating, with decent spaces between the table for a tranquil meal.

The menu is great, with two choices of meat… “Argentinian imported meat” and “local meat”. They also have a few choices of fish, and a complete list of Pizzas that they also serve. Well… this is an Argentinian Restaurant, so for me it was a no brainer to choose the Argentinian imported meat (more expensive than the local options – but worth it, I guarantee). Steak with a side of veggies and fries + a bottle of nice red wine, and off I was to a gastronomical pleasure.

Service was fast, and food arrived in a decent span of time… EXACTLY as ordered (medium rare), just perfect. Slicing effortlessly into the steak, it was tender, juicy and filled with flavour of superior quality beef… that is a fact. The fries were fresh, and the veggies were truly tasty, all washed down with a decent red wine… which was a perfect meal for my taste.

I did not have steam left for desert, so I simply ordered an expresso coffee, that rounded off the evening perfectly.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
I would only have ONE negative point to add into this section… even though it does not downgrade my rating as top class, and that would be:

Napkins are those pathetic small paper ones. For a restaurant of this class, I would expect proper linen clean napkins to set over the lap, while indulging into this perfect meal. For the price paid, and the class of restaurant this is… paper napkins are truly pathetic. This would be my only suggestion to improve.

SUMMING UP:
Yes, it was expensive… around EURO. 50,00 for what I mentioned above. I have mentioned many times before, that I do not mind paying good money for good food… and my meal was worth every cent spent. I certainly recommend this place… for meat lovers.

3  Thank Trave1Bandit