US$145
Cassia Lodge(Kampala)
US$176
US$134
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Humura Resorts(Kampala)
US$156
Fat Cat Backpackers(Kampala)(Great Value!)
US$51
Ewaka Guesthouse and Backpackers(Kampala)(Great Value!)
US$27
Agoda.com
US$67
US$42
Agoda.com
All reviewshorse ridinglake victorialunch and dinnerswimming poolboat ridelake terracebeautiful smileattended a conferencesteam saunadirect viewband nightmind blowinglive bandsmiling staffexecutive roomweekend packagemodern facilities
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Grounds are gorgeous and restaurant is nice, but rooms are horrible. Stained sheets and bedspread, filthy moldy shower/tub, broken faucets, lack of sufficient towels, very disinterested attitude by staff. Beds are not comfortable, and sheets, in addition to being stained, were pilled and rough. This place is very expensive, and not worth even half the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Ashvinder Singh S, Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Guest ,

Greetings of the day!!!

We appreciate your effort to highlight our points where we do need to work on in order to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay.

In reference to your mentioned concern kindly be rest assured we will be looking into the said points in a most optimistic way and considering them as the moments of truth and a point of improvisation.

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to provide you with the level of service to which we pride ourselves upon, for which we certainly look forward to another opportunity to further our intent of giving you an astounding experience.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I have now gone to this place twice. It is a beautiful resort by the side of Lake Victoria. It is a very large campus, very well kept - well manicured lawns and very neat and clean. The rooms vary from standard size to medium size. Rooms are very comfortable and the living quarters are very clean. The reception and dining areas are gorgeous. Breakfast is very lavish. Food is good. The only down side is that room service is rather slow.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the lake. The view is awesome, especially during sunrise and sunset.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SunitaNewDelhi
Ashvinder Singh S, Manager at Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a heart-warming compliment. We are delighted that you enjoyed our rooms, as well as our array of services. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you in your next visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I had such a wonderful stay at this place. It was recommended by a friend. Staying/working in the downtown of Kampala can be overwhelming and I found this to be a good place to get away for a weekend trip. They have weekend packages which include full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet) and a small boat ride on the lake. The price was quite reasonable- $120 for each night from F-Sun. While the food is nothing to write home about, the buffet has many options (both for meat eaters and vegetarians). One thing to note is that the surroundings are absolutely lovely. The grounds include stables, a huge swimming pool and a gym. It looks like a small oasis to be honest. Having read past reviews, I was somewhat apprehensive of what I would find but the room was great. No problems with hot water, air conditioning or cleanliness. The rooms are nicely furnished and have a small balcony to sit and have coffee/tea in the AM. The staff were extremely nice, making sure I wouldn’t get lost (the place is pretty big). I’m not sure what happened with the other reviewers but I suspect that maybe the hotel has made some changes to make things a lot better. I also reaquested a room with a lake view and away from any events so wouldn't have to deal with any noise. A beautiful weekend place to rest, relax and get some sun.
It's a short ride from downtown kampala. I think a private taxi is about 20K Ush but a shared taxi is only about 1500 Ush. The shared taxi drops you off right in front of the driveway.

Room Tip: Away from the event parties, view of the lake is lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank msr3527

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference and all I can say is that it was excellent. The room was spacious and clean, the food was very good: based on previous reviews I stuck with the Indian food in the restaurant and I was not disappointed. The breakfast was very good and changed every day (different kind of sausages, interesting local vegetables). The waiters were slightly slow but there were really a lot of people and it was understandable. The water temperature of the shower was a little variable, tended to be warmer during the middle of the day and cooler in the evening and morning, possibly dependent on the number of people showering at the same time. I had a second floor room so I could sleep with the balcony door open and just the mosquito screen closed, listening to the frogs singing in the evening and the birds in the morning. I saw one mosquito during my 6 day stay! The staff was friendly and helpful, if not always very fast, but then this is in the middle of Africa!

Room Tip: ask for first or second floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank noname100001

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Having a great stay in one of the cottages. Reading the reviews I am somewhat surprised at some of the comments. Check in to an hour? Glad I wasn't with that group. Overall for beauty and comfort, I am finding it. Beware of concerts? Beware of weddings. One went till about 3 in the morning last night. Did fall asleep well before. Overall it is Africa and I am enjoying the weather and the stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business