See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Room Tip: My stay at Hotel Africana stay was fulfilling and I promise that my next trip in Kampala, I will definitely stay at the Africana Hotel. The food was sumptuous and plenty. The room and the comfortable bed made the stay worthwhile...
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shali Priscilla S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

We appreciate your comments and looking forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife and I stayed a couple of nights here. Friendliness of staff probably tops the list of positive attributes. The room was adequate in size, while not being overly spacious, and the bed was comfortable. My wife thought the room could be cleaned more thoroughly, but it was really not bad. Light bulbs were dim (pretty common in many hotels, of course), in-room safe didn’t work, electrical outlet didn’t work. Most disconcerting was that we chose to eat in the hotel’s café in the garden, since we were very tired from the long flight and no cafes were within easy walking distance, and it took 1.5 hours for our beef burgers to show up – they were readily the worst we have eaten in several years. I would not eat here again for anything! Breakfast served inside the hotel is better, being adequate but not as good as we found in other places in Uganda.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelin_tommy

Many thanks for your remarks and we have noted and rectified areas that we fell short in service delivery.

We hope to host you soon...

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I will be spending three and half days at this hotel. When I arrived here two weeks ago, I was not impressed with my room. Right now, I am sitting in another room so I will talk about it. The bathroom has a shower/bath with a small sink, and bidet. The switch to activate main light in the bathroom and fan does not work. The tiles need to be re caulked to prevent serious water damage. The rug is somewhat old which needs to be stretched out or replaced. The toilet seat is very loose; another adventure I really do not need. There are some tears in the rug near the bathroom entrance. The wall paper shows signs of wear and tear( peeling and rips). There is a small hole in the wall. The remote control for the AC is in Chinese. All the furniture are clearly marked with large serial numbers. There is a hot water maker so you can make tea. The small refrigerator works well as it can freeze my water bottles so I can have cold water as I trek out. The is a hidden room safe.
Earlier this morning, I tried to change my five dollar bill for Shillings but the lady refused to do so. The hotel tries to present itself as a high class but they are lacking. There is a restaurant inside which is convenient but the cook is very slow. Last night, some of us ordered desserts - it took over twenty minutes for the desserts to show up. There are eight of us in the group but they only have three menus to share. I am disappointed in all aspects of this hotel.
And I did not mentioned that I have spotted a smal cockroach in the bathoom. Room 610

Stayed: January 2018

We appreciate you comments above.

Hotel Africana pride itself in service delivery and hence it is very unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations.

We have note on areas we fell short and have rectified the same and put measures in place so as a repeat of the same does not happen.

We hope that you would give us another chance to redeem our services.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have enjoyed eating the different kinds of foods and fruits which i really apreciated.
Periodically went to the gym which is very accessable the equipment such treadmill have finally repaired and many more.
The security in the hotel compound and as well as the people is very tight which i think is the best strategies of the hotel management.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shali Priscilla S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you very much for your positive feebback. We do hope that we will be hosting you once again soon!!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were warmly welcomed and the staffs are dedicated. Their food is good and I would recommend it because they keep up the standards considering the fact that we had been there before. The rooms are nice and the upper ones on the tower offer a pleasant relaxing view of the Kampala city.Lastly, the location is quite ideal making it a good place to stay for family, friends and everyone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DrewOmony
Shali Priscilla S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Many thanks for your positive comments. Looking forward to hosting you once again...soon. Happy New Year!