Nargila Restaurant
Ranked #579 of 809 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Stopping for dinner at Nagrila Restaurant has been by far the worst decision of my entire life. The waiter was really apathic and unfriendly to the customers. They had me waiting for almost an hour (about 50 minutes) for a cheeseburger that was not even good: the bread and the cheese seemed artifical and they overcooked the meat when I asked for it to be raw. When I went to the counter to pay, I said: "Do I have to pay the whole price after waiting for an hour?". The manager came and told me that I did indeed, excusing himself for the delay but not showing a single sign of apology.
One cool thing is that they had live music there... But again, almost every restaurant in Thamel does. In conclusiom, I will never put a foot in this restaurant again and I would highly recommend others to find a better spot in Kathmandu.

1  Thank lucashernandezcornet

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

This place really is so much better than the usual 'hotspots', there's a good, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Staff go out of their way to help and show you the deals to get to save your rupees!! The shisha bar is really well-priced and the owner learned his trade for Shisha in Dubai, really good.

The location is very central, the prices are very reasonable and its got a really cool vibe. Would recommend this place without hesitation!!

1  Thank ChrisL33590395
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Nargila is just below Tom & Jerry's in Thamel opposite Northfields cafe ... it's not posh but it has great food from Continental to Middle East and which is inexpensive the have a good bar, the staff are very attentive and love some interaction with their guests. If you like a shisha then this is the place for you they have various flavours.
If your into sports they have a very large tv one end of the restaurant so you can enjoy the sports while having you meal. If you love music they have another tv the other end and if you ask they will even play your favourites. Sometimes the two tv's are in conflict only if there is a big sports event on. I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner to Nargila. The falafel sandwich were perfect, so were the french fries and the home-made garlic mayonnaise. The staff is really friendly. We will come back next time in Kathmandu.

1  Thank Marine L
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We went in as we were passing and our eye was caught by falafel. We weren't disappointed. The falafel was the best in town by far, with delicious sesame seeds and loads of flavour. The serving was big enough to share (we also had the veg fried rice which was equally delicious)
We felt guilty taking advantage of the free wifi for so long after we finished eating but it was our last night in Nepal before our flight to India so we had planning to do. The manager didn't mind at all. He even let us fill our water bottles for free as we were leaving.
The food was very nicely priced and I can't overstate how delicious it all was. The homemade hummus was incredible. Also, the toilets were cleaned twice while we were in there, which was a very surprising touch!
10/10 for everything.

3  Thank KarlAndSassy
zonkedThamel, Owner at Nargila Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Namaste and Thank You for your outstanding words. Please do visit us when you guys visit Nepal again!! We will be very pleased to see you guys. N yes don't worry...we are always here to serve you and make you happy.