“Best guides ever! Awesome for Rafting and Canyoning.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hardcore Nepal Extreme Adventures - Day Tours

Hardcore Nepal Extreme Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nepal's original Rock Climbing and Canyoning extreme team, taking clients to some of the most beautiful waterfalls and rock faces in Nepal. Hardcore Nepal offers rock climbing lessons, canyoning guide training, rock climbing guide training and kayak instruction as well as daily guided trips in Nepal. In season, we offer peak climb instruction on Lobuche and Island peak, with a peak climbing and trekking option to Mera Peak or Ama Dablam as well. We combine our canyoning and kayaking trips with Chitwan Jungle Safaris and Pokhara to Kathmandu overland trips. Our trips are perfect for a Nepal weekend break for visitors from Qatar, Dubai, or Singapore. Or for anyone who wants to know what to do in Kathmandu when you have a few days! Kayaking lessons and rafting day trips depart daily from Oct-Dec and Mar-Jun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mumbai (Bombay), India
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Best guides ever! Awesome for Rafting and Canyoning.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2015

This trip to Nepal for me was a healthy mix of adventure and touristy stuff. Hardcore Nepal fortunately provided both.
I had been in touch with Sandra through emails enquiring about prices and bookings and I have to admit she has been super helpful and patient. Really appreciate it.
On the day of the rafting trip, I had to be at the Thamel office at 5, and even though I got super lost and there were no street lights, it was an adventure. I met Suresh at the office who directed me to the bus, to take us to the rafting site on Trisuli river. The bus was comfortable and not over crowded. At the rafting site, we had a really nice guide ( sorry i forgot his name) who was very professional with his security briefing. We even had a guy in a Kayak with us to help if anyone went overboard! Made lots of new friends during rafting and with the sun shining on us, I dont think its possible to have asked for a better trip. Aftre every team effort we did a high five, and it was amazing because we all felt like a team. We finished at the rustic camp, where we had daal bhaat ( Suresh taught me " Daal Bhaat power, every hour:)) To my amazement, I was the only guest that night as everyone else was moving on to other activities. That sorta freaked me out, but the fear was totally unfounded. I sat by the beach and the helpful staff brought me coffee, and then in the evening I went for an escorted tour of the village behined the camp. I even had Nepali tea at one of the houses, it felt so calm, so good. I was loving every minute of it.
Back at the camp in the evening, the staff kept on asking me if I was comfortable, if I needed anything. All by myself with a bunch of strangers on a camp at the beach felt so natural, so not scary! It was pouring and the silence with the rain pitter patter was nirvana in its own right. We had a small camp fire with Nepali Music ( on phone) after it stopped raining. Two camp guys even slept in the adjoing tents, so that I wouldnt feel scared.
Next morning after a ginormous breakfast with the best Peanut butter ( Nepalese made) Ive ever had, Suresh came to pick me up for canyoning. We were to ride to the Canyoning site in this beat up old truck and I sat at the back in the open, which was epic. We got into our wet suits, hiked for a bit to the Jalibre waterfall. I dont know how to swim but I have to give a genurous Thank you! to Mani and Suresh for being so awesome! Best guys, they were super helpful and really helped me get over my fear of water. I dont even know how I swim, but these guys had my back, so I knew I was in safe hands.
We went back to the small house with the equipment. Suresh took it upon himself to find me transportation to Pokhara and even warned the driver not to mess about !

There are a whole bunch of adventure offering places in Kathmandu, but my personal experience is, everyone spends money, but its the people who make a difference. Suresh Dai and Mani Dai made it super special and I recommend anyone wanting to go for Canyoning to go with these guys, simply because they are AWESOME!

Visited March 2015
1 Thank Saimamkhtr
rs2008, Owner at Hardcore Nepal Extreme Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, 14 February 2016
Namaste!
Thanks for this wonderful and detailed review! Glad to hear Suresh and Mani took good care of you. Our guides are excellent at making guests feel like family, and we are very proud of our team for that. Hope you will come back and see us again in Nepal for some new adventures!
Sandra BK

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cheers for a great time. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed scrambling over rocks, jumping and sliding into pristine pools of water and the best part, abseiling down beautiful waterfalls. Simply thrilling! Bengal and Sandwich our fantastic guides were patient and knowledgeable, and lots of fun. They looked after us every step of the way, picking us up at our hotel in the morning, and organised a drop off in Kathmandu when we were done saving us a bus trip. This was one of the highlights of our Nepal trip. I could not recommend a better company to have an adventure with.

1 Thank Damian G
Namaste Damian!
Just wanted to let you know that your guides names of "Bengal" (Binod) and "Sandwich" (Suresh) have stuck... they are still going by these names! Ha ha ha! Always a good time at Hardcore Nepal. We are glad you were with us, and you have become part of the company history with your fun names! Come see us again!
Sandra BK
“Experiences of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

We booked a three day camping trip which included Canyoning, Caving and Climbing. We also did a day of cycling around Kathmandu visiting some temples. Hardcore Nepal gave us memories we will never forget. The staff are the friendliest people you'll ever meet and we always felt safe with them.
If you are traveling to Kathmandu and are looking at doing some day trips, I highly recommend Hardcore Nepal.

Namaste!
Glad you enjoyed Canyon, Cave and Climb (our most popular tour) and your custom bike hike around KTM. Please come see us again when you are in Nepal. - Sandra BK
Falls Church
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great rock climbing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2014 via mobile

My son and I had our first experience rock climbing experience with Hardcore and had a blast. Our guides were knowleagable, friendly, and extremely patient. Definitely a high point of our trip to Nepal.

Rockhampton, Australia
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Great Rock Climbing Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2014

Went rock climbing for a day with these guys. Absolutely loved it. Friendly experienced guides, good safety procedures and all equipment supplied was in good condition (you can bring your own equipment if you choose). Climbing area at Nagarjun where we were taken was well shaded for most of the day too. Only a short 5 minute walk from the crag to the car. Suitable for novice and experieced climbers (my parner is a novice, I am experienced). Luch supplied was fresh fruit and peanut butter sandwiches. Loved it.

Visited October 2014