“Fantastic and challenging experience”

Hardcore Nepal Extreme Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nepal's original Rock Climbing and Canyoning extreme team, taking clients to some of the most beautiful waterfalls and rock faces in Nepal. Hardcore Nepal offers rock climbing lessons, canyoning guide training, rock climbing guide training and kayak instruction as well as daily guided trips in Nepal. In season, we offer peak climb instruction on Lobuche and Island peak, with a peak climbing and trekking option to Mera Peak or Ama Dablam as well. We combine our canyoning and kayaking trips with Chitwan Jungle Safaris and Pokhara to Kathmandu overland trips. Our trips are perfect for a Nepal weekend break for visitors from Qatar, Dubai, or Singapore. Or for anyone who wants to know what to do in Kathmandu when you have a few days! Kayaking lessons and rafting day trips depart daily from Oct-Dec and Mar-Jun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Hardcore Nepal has some really professional guides (Ram and Bilok) who gave us three days of exciting rafting, canyoning and caving. They were also flexible to change the plan because of weather changes.
We would have given them 5 stars if it wasn't because our last day of rafting where HN used their partner Paddle Nepal. Paddle Nepal should have cancelled the trip because of the low water level in the river. PN even promised us a category 5 rafting trip but it was max 3 and we got stuck on rocks most of the time.

1  Thank Claus R

Reviewed 9 January 2016

Booked the day Canyoning trip to Jalbire Canyon and it was great! Our guides where Suresh and Binod, They are very friendly, extremely knowledgeable and make you feel very safe! We loved canyoning because it combines repelling, sliding and "cliff" jumping. it was amazing to repel down several beautiful waterfalls!!! The water can be a little chilly so I suggest going during the summer, although we want in January and still had a great time.
Soft soled water shoes are the best foot wear. They provide a wet suit but its a good idea to bring your own dive shirt that is long sleeved, We also wore thermals under the wet suit. Don't forget a little extra cash for food, drinks and tips after your adventure!!! We got picked up at our hotel but they do not have a specific shuttle so prepare to ride the bus and in cars to get back and forth. From Themel it was a 3 1/3 hour trip to get to the canyon. Well worth it and will be doing this again the next time we are in Nepal!!!

1  Thank Tattooed_Wanderlust
rs2008, Owner at Hardcore Nepal Extreme Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Namaste Brianna!
Thanks for the great review. We will be sure to let Suresh and Binod know you had a great time. You make some great suggestions here for other guests. We look forward to seeing you again in Nepal. :)

Reviewed 9 April 2015

This trip to Nepal for me was a healthy mix of adventure and touristy stuff. Hardcore Nepal fortunately provided both.
I had been in touch with Sandra through emails enquiring about prices and bookings and I have to admit she has been super helpful and patient. Really appreciate it.
On the day of the rafting trip, I had to be at the Thamel office at 5, and even though I got super lost and there were no street lights, it was an adventure. I met Suresh at the office who directed me to the bus, to take us to the rafting site on Trisuli river. The bus was comfortable and not over crowded. At the rafting site, we had a really nice guide ( sorry i forgot his name) who was very professional with his security briefing. We even had a guy in a Kayak with us to help if anyone went overboard! Made lots of new friends during rafting and with the sun shining on us, I dont think its possible to have asked for a better trip. Aftre every team effort we did a high five, and it was amazing because we all felt like a team. We finished at the rustic camp, where we had daal bhaat ( Suresh taught me " Daal Bhaat power, every hour:)) To my amazement, I was the only guest that night as everyone else was moving on to other activities. That sorta freaked me out, but the fear was totally unfounded. I sat by the beach and the helpful staff brought me coffee, and then in the evening I went for an escorted tour of the village behined the camp. I even had Nepali tea at one of the houses, it felt so calm, so good. I was loving every minute of it.
Back at the camp in the evening, the staff kept on asking me if I was comfortable, if I needed anything. All by myself with a bunch of strangers on a camp at the beach felt so natural, so not scary! It was pouring and the silence with the rain pitter patter was nirvana in its own right. We had a small camp fire with Nepali Music ( on phone) after it stopped raining. Two camp guys even slept in the adjoing tents, so that I wouldnt feel scared.
Next morning after a ginormous breakfast with the best Peanut butter ( Nepalese made) Ive ever had, Suresh came to pick me up for canyoning. We were to ride to the Canyoning site in this beat up old truck and I sat at the back in the open, which was epic. We got into our wet suits, hiked for a bit to the Jalibre waterfall. I dont know how to swim but I have to give a genurous Thank you! to Mani and Suresh for being so awesome! Best guys, they were super helpful and really helped me get over my fear of water. I dont even know how I swim, but these guys had my back, so I knew I was in safe hands.
We went back to the small house with the equipment. Suresh took it upon himself to find me transportation to Pokhara and even warned the driver not to mess about !

There are a whole bunch of adventure offering places in Kathmandu, but my personal experience is, everyone spends money, but its the people who make a difference. Suresh Dai and Mani Dai made it super special and I recommend anyone wanting to go for Canyoning to go with these guys, simply because they are AWESOME!

1  Thank Saimamkhtr

Namaste!
Thanks for this wonderful and detailed review! Glad to hear Suresh and Mani took good care of you. Our guides are excellent at making guests feel like family, and we are very proud of our team for that. Hope you will come back and see us again in Nepal for some new adventures!

Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed scrambling over rocks, jumping and sliding into pristine pools of water and the best part, abseiling down beautiful waterfalls. Simply thrilling! Bengal and Sandwich our fantastic guides were patient and knowledgeable, and lots of fun. They looked after us every step of the way, picking us up at our hotel in the morning, and organised a drop off in Kathmandu when we were done saving us a bus trip. This was one of the highlights of our Nepal trip. I could not recommend a better company to have an adventure with.

1  Thank Damian G

Namaste Damian!
Just wanted to let you know that your guides names of "Bengal" (Binod) and "Sandwich" (Suresh) have stuck... they are still going by these names! Ha ha ha! Always a good time at Hardcore Nepal. We are glad you were with us, and you have become part of the company history with your fun names! Come see us again!

Reviewed 6 November 2014 via mobile

We booked a three day camping trip which included Canyoning, Caving and Climbing. We also did a day of cycling around Kathmandu visiting some temples. Hardcore Nepal gave us memories we will never forget. The staff are the friendliest people you'll ever meet and we always felt safe with them.
If you are traveling to Kathmandu and are looking at doing some day trips, I highly recommend Hardcore Nepal.

Namaste!
Glad you enjoyed Canyon, Cave and Climb (our most popular tour) and your custom bike hike around KTM. Please come see us again when you are in Nepal. - Sandra BK