Hotel Tibet International
US$155
US$98
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$159
US$342
US$240
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsboudhanath stupatibetan decorrooftop restaurantjunior suitewonderful hotelmodern amenitiestop floorhotel is locatedfew minutes walkstreet noisean oasisthe hustle and bustlelaundry servicecomfortable stayhome away from homekathmandu valleyspa
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This unique hotel is a blend of contemporary facilities of exceptional standard with Traditional Tibetan décor. Everything in this hotel exceeded my expectations. Located next to the Boudha stupa—one of the greatest tourist attractions—Hotel Tibet International offers a serene and peaceful haven that boasts an incredible view of this magical Buddhist site from it’s rooftops. Should one wish to experience the unique culture and people of this area, one need only step out the front door to be greeted by the bustling streets of Boudha, itself a fascinating blend of Nepali and Tibetan culture, many of it’s residents still clad in traditional dress. But what makes this hotel truly remarkable, in addition to it’s high standard of international comfort and astonishingly beautiful aesthetic, is the warmth and excellent care of the staff. Highly professional and yet at the same time very personable, the staff left the impression that they really care, and there was not even one occasion in which I was not greeted with a smile, whether it be at the reception or from the maintenance crew!

I arrived in Nepal quite ill and the care and service I was given here was beyond what I could have imagined. Not only was I upgraded to an incredible room, perfectly furnished and extremely comfortable, but the staff even accompanied me to the hospital in the middle of the night on one occasion. In addition, these lovely people came by my room several times a day to offer me additional quality imported water and to check in on my recovery for the duration of my stay. Truly remarkable! I felt in excellent hands my entire stay here and was very spoiled by the comfortable facilities of impeccable standard. The owner of the hotel is herself an incredible woman of remarkable generosity and kindness, and I believe her vision is very much reflected in this lovely place. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Kathmandu. Having met many other guest during my stay here I believe Hotel Tibet International speaks to people of different walks of life—whether you are looking for a classy get away, a rest between trekking adventures, or a serene environment for study of this rich culture—this is the place for you.

Room Tip: I have stayed in three different rooms here and they have all been excellent!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank LCalifornia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Have returned once and will continue to return. This Hotel was outstanding in every respect. From the moment of arrival until departure the attentive, uncompromising service from everyone made for an uplifiting and memorable experience. The rooms are a good size. Beds are comfortable and the standard of cleanliness faultless. Indeed the general standard and decor was a real surprise. The concierge is worth a special mention. Everything asked for was immediately forthcoming and as a first visit to Nepal there were plenty of questions and requests.
Altogether a stay at this Hotel was a highlight and without hesitation I will continue to refer friends and family to share the experience I so enjoyed and will always remember. A big thank you!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank PinkVeuve
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have to agree that this hotel has some of the friendliest and most helpful staff anywhere. Couple of things worth noting. I had a standard room, I am 6.1 during the free massage (a great idea) I was lying across the bed and the to massage ladies could not fit in at my head and feet. It's a bit small in other words. Steaming hot water in the morning but tepid at night, hard to get a shower at the right temperature and my room had shower in bath so lots of dancing around. It's in Bouda which is relatively far from town so taxis are expensive. Having said this some great little temples nearby.

I Iiked breakfast on the rooftop and restaurant for evening meals was fair. Airport is close so that's a plus. I recommended this to 2 colleagues who booked there and liked it.

Last comment is the price is a little high for what it is especially in the wet season but overall for Kathmandu it's fair value.

Room Tip: Definitely go for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BigBrownBear64
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The service was exceptional. The staff were endlessly attentive and kind and thoughtful. I felt as though I was an old friend from the moment I arrived. The rooms are beautiful. Such elegant taste and style. But the other thing that was amazing is that Hotel Tibet International has a restaurant that serves the most delicious food at one third of the prices of the cafes down the road! Amazing.
I will never stay anywhere else. Without a doubt it was one of the most enjoyable hotel stays ever. Till I return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pukuchick
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here for a few nights a couple of years ago. This hotel was definitely above my standards for what I expected in Katmandu. Breakfast was great! They even had a quoint little patio that was perfect to sit on in the morning. Everyone was so friendly always saying "namaste" as you walked past. It's in a really great location. The only thing that was kind of unfortunate was that there were frequent power outages, but to find a hotel that didn't do this would be impressive since they are so common. I stayed at alot of places in my trip to Nepal and this was most definitely my favorite!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo