All reviews g adventures stayed here small outdoor terrace quick laundry service nice basic hotel cars honking adventure tour side street travel group hotel has free wifi the main areas an extra night everest base camp trek each guest breakfast staff quiet lane thamel district
Reviewed 6 June 2017

When I first entered the lobby of the Fuji Hotel my immediate impression was I had entered one of the classic old hotels of Europe. The beautiful woodwork and panelling gave me that feeling, on a smaller scale to the grand hotels in Europe, or even the Vintage CP hotels in the Canadian National Parks near where I live. The desk staff remembered our name and had our key waiting as soon as we entered the lobby.

Our room was adequate in size with a very nice bathroom, both were spotlessly clean. In fact, nearly everytime we saw staff they were busy cleaning, dusting or polishing it seemed. Our standard room did not have A/C, but apparently most of the rooms do have A/C.

There is a nice outside patio area and an inside dining room where the included breakfast buffet was available. The breakfast was very good with a rotating selection of hot dishes, with cereal and fruit available as well. The breakfast staff were very attentive to all our needs.

The strong point of this hotel is the staff and the manager, everybody did their utmost to ensure our stay was as pleasant as possible.

I can recommend the Fuji Hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Our room faced west and did not have A/C, so it got very hot in the afternoon. Try getting a room with A/C or a North or East facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Sanjay M, Manager at Fuji Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Guests,
Greeting from Fuji Hotel!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Fuji Hotel during your recent visit to Kathmandu, Nepal !

We look forward to welcoming you with us again and assure you of another great stay.

Best regards

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to Nepal, my first for Fuji. I stayed here before my trip to Everest Base Camp. The staff were so wonderful I cancelled my reservation that i had at another hotel in Thamel and stayed here at the end of the trip as well.

Before I left home, i emailed the hotel who managed to get me a great deal on a scenic flight of everest. When I arrived at the Fuji I also spoke to reception staff about trip to chitwan. They were very knowledgeable and gave me great deals on both the flight and Chitwan (way better than what i would have booked at home). Nothing was a problem for them.

To the team at Fuji, thank you for making Fuji hotel a home away from home. I loved how you knew each guest as they entered your hotel and greated them with such warmth. You certainly made my trip to Nepal more enjoyable and I would recommend you to anyone who is looking for a basic yet comfortable and welcoming hotel!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Sanjay M, Front Office Manager at Fuji Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Greetings From Fuji Hotel

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is down a small side street off the thamel district which can make it difficult to find and quite dark during the night to walk back to but it is very well located for the shopping streets etc. The staff are what makes this place good, they were happy to help with all queries, went out their way to ensure I was comfortable etc and were just genuinely nice people. The rooms are quite dated and the decor is representative of this. However, the shower worked perfectly well giving hot water at all times. The wifi was a hit and miss and didn't give a good signal in the room. As it is down a side street you would expect it to be quiet but at the weekends you can hear various areas music and the window in my room didn't shut properly so made it very noisy. Also there was no air con in my room just a fan which during the high heat I can imagine wouldn't be very comfortable. All in all, if you're looking for a budget hotel close by to the main areas of Kathmandu then I would certainly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank catherine1_x

Dear Guests,
Greetings from Fuji Hotel!

It was pleasure to have you as our guest and it is so inspiring to learn that you had enjoyed such a memorable stay with us. Well, we do have also Air condition rooms.You had booked Standard Room with Fan.If you booked Air con room you would definitely get it.Anyway,Your comments will be shared with our entire team which will encourage them to further strive towards achieving excellence.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I arrived here prior to my Everest base camp trek with G adventures - and stayed after I came down with altitude sickness.
The staff members here are amazing. Very warm, friendly and professional - they were concerned for my wellbeing and made sure I made it to the local clinic.
The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortably firm (great for my back), and the rooftop garden was a nice escape from the busy streets.
I highly recommend a stay here - it's very reasonably priced, the service is great, and it's close to everything.

Dear Guests,
Greetings From Fuji hotel!

Meanwhile, I wish you a wonderful day.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days at the end of a tour of India and Nepal. It was by far the nicest and cleanest hotel of the trip. The staff were very accommodating. I ended up getting quite sick and they were very helpful. I would most definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Pradeep P, General Manager at Fuji Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Guests,
Greeting from Fuji Hotel!

Best regards