“Great hotel!!”
Review of Pokhara Grande

Pokhara Grande
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Pokhara
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is the biggest hotel at Pokhara. Rooms are good spreaded in few wings, new rooms are great! Meals also have good choice of spread. Staffs are attentive, helpful & very polite. Conference facilities are also available. Overall enjoyable!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Room was very nice.
Overall service was good from the staff.
For western travelers, while this hotel is 4-star in Nepal, it is equated to a 3-star in terms of room quality, facilities, and amenities.
Breakfast is included and has good choices.
Pool was clean. Check-in was fast. Good security presence.

Only issue that I had was that we used the Spa booking at 8pm time. When finished, came out and asked for bill but the Spa said they already submitted the bill (without me ever looking at it). I assumed it was for the quoted price of Rs. 3600 per person. So I gave the therapists Rs 1000 each (for two people massages)...a 30%tip. Next day at checkout, not only the VAT was added on top of Rs. 7200, but a tip of 10%. I had no idea spa would automatically be charged a tip...not something customary in other countries. Its based on service received and at least I should have been shown the bill before submission.

When I told front desk about my payment of 30%tip already, the person kept saying the spa is not theirs and they have no control of it to which I kept saying yes it is theirs if its in their premises and they are responsible for it, if they are presenting me the bill for the first time since the spa never showed me the bill. I felt bad that after leaving 30% tip, they are arguing to make it 40%. After back and forth, they called manager and removed the tip. So thanks to the hotel finalky for removing the extra charged tip and correcting the issue, but I recommend everyone check spa bill before tipping and that to expect that whether you get good service or not, you will be charged a tip. That is equivalent if saying that your spa is not Rs 3600 per person, but rather Rs 3960. I think automatically adding 10% charge on spa bill makes people who want to leave more than that think twice. Anyway, giving 4-star because hotel corrected the issues.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was our first visit to Nepal, and at Pokhara as well, and we will be definitely coming back here again. Pokhara Grande has made our overall experience even better and our stay over here was top class. The staffs of this hotel is exceptionally friendly, with great manners and great hospitality. I am not sure of many of their names but to name a few Ms. Indira, Ms. Tenjin, Mr. Sushil are few of the most kind employees that we have came across. If any of you are looking for a recommendation, without any hesitation you may book your stay at PG. Their breakfast quality is great with lots of choices. There is definitely something for everybody to satisfy their tastebuds. There is free wifi, swimming pool and gym facilities for all of their guests, plus they offer free pass to their night club for all the residents of the hotel. Their rooms are undoubtedly beautifully designed and spacious. I personally would choose this hotel for my future visits to Pokhara. PG is centrally located, and fooding options are also great around the area. If you want to experience an A1 stay please do choose PG to serve you. A big shout out to the PG family, and my sincere thank you to all the kind and beautiful employees of PG for your unforgettable hospitality!

Room Tip: The rooms in the resort side of the hotel has great views
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank someira28
Reviewed 3 August 2017

PG is one of the original hotels of Pokhara, near the airport, Dam Site, and Lakeside, but the management and polite, hardworking staff are constantly updating and improving everything. Service, decoration, menu, security, garden, pool and spa are all lovely and pleasant. The staff are especially helpful, friendly and very professional, so if any problem comes up they will help you sort it out. You can stay here with a lot of confidence and all modern amenities, enjoy!

Room Tip: Really all rooms are nice and each has a pleasant view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Tenzin Y, Guest Relations Manager at Pokhara Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Greetings from Pokhara Grande!

Thank you for considering us one of the Best in Pokhara. We highly appreciate your effort of posting such a lovely comment on TripAdvisor and glad to know that you are always confident about our service.

Its an honor having you here during your every visit and will be looking forward to see you more often. We assure you of the best in hospitality and that your every stay with us will be as memorable and comfortable as you expected. Thank you for choosing our property.

Best Regards,
Tenzin

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I have really enjoyed my pleasant stay here with my family.
Nice hotel at a great location with a relaxing view, you will enjoy the fresh scenery of the hotel view. The staff are friendly, provided very good service and facilities are great.
I would really recommend my families and friends for their visit in Nepal.
Looking forward my stay here again soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank JalalNidumbil

Dear Guest,

Its pleasing to receive such compliments from our respected guest, thank you for the review. We are very glad that you loved everything about Pokhara Grande, so eager to have you back!

Best Regards,