“Abalone and fish maw Dinner ”

Chef Man Restaurant
Ranked #1,398 of 11,399 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$18 - US$22
Description: This restaurant is buffet Chinese that you can test the Hong Kong Chinese foods such as BBQ, soup, dim-sum, which more 100 type of foods
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The abalone and fish maw were so tasty. Remember to finish the egg noodle with the abalone sauce. Its location was so convenient as I stayed in Anantara Siam Hotel. Make sure you won't miss the alley and mix up other branches.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I would say that this place so far served the best dim sum and Chinese food in Bangkok. But obviously, some dishes are not up to par if you have dined in a very good Chinese restaurant in Hong kong. I would not recommend the pecking duck or some of the dim sum dishes as I found them to be on average. Instead, I would highly recommend the sliced fish soup (need to order the whole fish), stir-fried white radish cake with XO, siu mai and Prawn cup with mango salad. I found the service here to be very attentive and the place has a nice atmosphere. The parking can be a little bit of a bothersome since you have to park on the 5th floor. You do need to make a reservation, especially during the public holidays.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Reservations is a must. Otherwise, do be on the waitlist and come and wait. You are likely to get a table.

The dimsum is of comparable standard and quality to the good restaurants in Hong Kong. We ordered the char siew, roast meat, char siew, cheung fun, egg tart, lau sar pau, various dumplings. Loved the egg tart.

Service was acceptable. The restaurant was full with many families dining in. Many ordered the peking duck.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

There are so many great places to eat in this neighborhood, I can't think of why one would stop here. I was eager to try the curried brisket soup, but was unimpressed when I got it. Service was not attentive and the forgot some items we ordered.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Restaurant had a good reputation as being one of the best Chinese restaurants in Bangkok. Made reservations by phone and during our call we were asked to pre-booked some dishes before hand, obviously as these menu selections must be high in demand. Upon arrival the decor was not impressive and of a typical crowded Chinese restaurant, although the restaurant was only half full. Our menu selections were mediocre , even our pre order Peking Duck and a few Chinese buns did not reflect as worthy of a pre order. Service was a bit slow and did only what was necessary...nothing more and nothing less. Pricing for the restaurant was on the high side. Overall and in summary, a bland experience and will have to evaluate once again if we would make another visit.