1,058 results
All reviews free shuttle suvarnabhumi airport near airport wake up call hotel rep no lift triple room short stay the main road small balcony free water taxi driver transit baht wi fi
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This hotel basically exists for travellers coming and going from Suvarnabhumi Airport. It is okay for an overnight stay, but not the sort of place you would like to base yourself in Bangkok. They offer a free airport shuttle which is good as you don't need to hassle over finding taxis. It's close to the airport so it's only about a 15 minute drive to the terminal.
The rooms are basic but could do with a refurbishment, and generally clean. Normal facilities, fridge,TV, tea and coffee, air con. Some of the staff are very good but some appear to be under-trained and don't seem to be able to handle any problems that may arise. Poor communication is one of this hotels biggest problems as I have tried many times to communicate by phone and email and never seem to get a satisfactory response. Emails go unanswered, even for basic questions, and phone calls depend on who answers the calls,which is why the reception staff need to be better trained as they are the face of the business.

Okay for an overnight, and very good value for money, but don't expect great service.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Eating breakfast here as I review. The check in was quick and easy. The exterior looks great. Love the ambiance. Room was not big but big enough. Bed big and comfortable if you like hard beds (I do). Room was clean except for the walls. They looked like they had not been cleaned in 20 years. Breakfast was a set meal served. Not a buffet. No choices but it was good and filling. Free shuttle both ways.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Positives:
- Free airport shuttle (this was easy to find and only waited a short time) Go to exit number 3 and 4 and find the sign.
- Price, even in a land of pretty decently priced accommodations, Thong Ta is quite cheap.
- Spacious! My family of four had plenty of room.
- Location is close to airport for those long layovers or like in our case, a place to sleep off some jet-lag before heading into the city.

Negatives:
- While being close to the airport is nice, this place is up a long alley. When I walked with my children to the main road there was a group of 6 men who were super drunk (at 7 am) and made some comments. I saw them do the same to others passing by.
- The breakfast, while included with the price of the room, is pretty terrible, the worst we had in over two weeks in Thailand. Honestly just skip this and grab something from the 7-11 around the corner.
- Shyster taxi driver. In the lobby there is a "taxi" table. This guy will rip you off. He tried to get 900 THB for a ride into the city. I walked to the main road and got a metered taxi for under 200. I expect to that locals will try to make some extra cash off the tourists but at over three times the actual cost...crazy talk.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Construct37
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I have a 'Love-Hate' association with The Thong Ta.... having stayed here many times over the last ten years and having written many Reviews.
It is one of the most convenient budget hotels around Savanabhumi and it so easily could be very good value indeed. My main complaint in the past has been the very unfriendly staff at Reception, the very poor Restaurant food in the evenings and the basic breakfast.
Well.... things have changed a little bit and the main Receptionist, 'Beau' actually greeted me with a smile and I did feel that some general effort was being made in this respect. The Restaurant is unchanged and the basic breakfast is the same, with no choice.... but the Service was better!!!
This hotel has 130 rooms so is large enough to be easily able to provide good food.
The rooms are basic but fine and be warned that mosquitos are everywhere... this is Thailand and the Tropics, so I do not blame the hotel... just be prepared to get your room sprayed as soon as you arrive. Squashed mosquitos can be seen on the walls of your room.... (Thong Ta, why on earth not just wipe them off!!?).
When I am with my partner I stay at a slightly better hotel but when on my own The Thong Ta is ok with good room facilities... Tea/Coffee gear, good aircon, good TV, fridge, warm shower and the beds are ok. Don't worry about the poor food... just walk down to the main road, turn left and left again after about twenty meters by the 7/11 Store. The little 'Cute Hotel' offers very good food... don't be put off by the name!!!
Come on, Thong Ta... why on earth do you not get a good chef and get the trade/money from the many people who transit through this hotel? You will see that my views are shared by many people so I just do not understand why you do not make the effort!

Room Tip: Personally, I think that the rooms in the 'New' building at the rear of the hotel are worth the small extra charge.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gadfly2014
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Booked this hotel at the end of my trip to Thailand, it is very well located for the airport and provided free airport transfers.
The room was very clean and the bed comfortable, the bathroom could do with an update but was clean and functional. Internet was a bit intermittent in the room I stayed in but I could log on to the restaurant network from the window.
Breakfast was basic but is enough to get you going in the morning.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was always one member of staff that could understand english.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends