“Tasty with a shabby elegance”
Review of Cafe De Laos

Cafe De Laos
Ranked #1,467 of 12,261 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Feel the cozy atmosphere of a 100 years old teakwood Colonial-Style house built in a garden to give you cool comfort while you enjoy a typical laos-esaan cuisine. We offer you the dishes from the past. Our chefs use only best preparations to let you indulge our exclusive menus. They will bring back some of the genuine cuisine from their long time experiences. Only best ingredients are used to ensure you have joyful dishes from their best creations. Our menus are unique for their subtle combination of fresh ingredients, spices, aromatic herbs and special sauce. We have a wide variety of local and selected international Wine to offer to our guests to match with our laos-esaan cuisine. Cafe' de Laos has been voted Best Restaurant for 5 consecutive years featuring innovative Laos-Esaan cuisine served in elegant surrounding which you may choose to sit inside or at a table set in the greenery garden under the stars. Also we welome vegetarian goers with full page of vegetarian menu. We also welcome private which will be organized elegantly with a buffet or an individual serving.
Reviewed 20 July 2015

This was my first time eating Thai food in Thailand, so I might be off with the scoring, but if this was in the UK, there would be queues out of the door. As it was, we were the only ones in. Why? Is there better food somewhere else? I can't really believe that there is in terms of food and decent wine all served well in a old style building. None of the dishes were eye-wateringly good, but I could happily eat there for a week. I can't comment on the value either, as somebody else ordered and paid (and I am very, very grateful).

Reviewed 17 May 2015

This nice restaurant has a retro, cozy decor. We had dinner here during a very quiet night and had a very nice meal, inclusive of starters rolled in betel leaves, a delicious chicken salad for me and sirloin for my husband. The food tasted fresh and the sauces accompanying it were really hot, which made it for a pleasant change, since it is rare to taste really hot food in Europe.

I am surprised that the restaurant was not more crowded, since the food was good and prices reasonable. I cannot judge the authenticity of Laotian food, never having tasted before, but for sure it was good enough for me and I would not mind to repeat the experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2015

Went on my trip tobangkok after reading so many good reviews about this place on tripadvisor. Being a foodhollic Live open kitchen has always attracted me. Serves some real good salads. Definitely worth a visit for sea food lovers.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

We went here with local friends and it was a real treat. The old building has somehow survived the development of Bangkok and is a great reminder of how things were in days past.

The menu is very much of the boarder region and is a great way to expand your culenary knowledge of this part of Asia. Very helpful staff will guide you through some of the lesser known dishes and you will end up with a meal to remember. This is a place to be adventurous with your choices!

Reviewed 22 February 2015

The food is very good... especially the raw crab salad is to die for! very fresh and sweet. Outdoor open kitchen for the BBQ / grill dishes so you can smell them before they bring you the dish. Don't know if their coconut sherbet is homemade but they are very nice and fresh. The waiters are friendly and attentive but not all can speak / understand English.
Beware if you want to sit outdoor (which is very nice by the way) that you will be 'attacked' by many mosquitoes... I think they know this problem already because they've prepare a bottle of mosquito repellent for guest on each table