Padi Madi Guest House
US$610
US$513
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsbts stationconvenient locationshort staypattayarooftop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Great location, tiny underwhelming room.

But main problem was the fact that I woke up next day to literally an army of ants swarming the door, floor and food bag.

Owner claims the food attracted the ants and it is my fault but I had only just opened the food and left it there for about two hours. Even if I threw the food in the garbage, probably same results. Definitely not sanitary. Would not give me full refund and I just ended up leaving.

Horrible experience.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank James JoonHyuk G
Patrick D, Propriétaire at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Not very surprised about this comment because this Korean guest have a very bad mentality : he booked from AIRBNB for 5 nights
We upgraded him in the biggest room and a superior room with fridge.
After 2 nights he came to the lobby to complained about ants in his room.
He recognized he let food outside all the day but he said it's not the reason.
We proposed him to give him another room immediatly but he refused and checked out but ask to be refund of all the nights he stayed, if we refuse he will destroy our. We refused reputation this blackmail, he seemed very unhonnest and wanted to stay for free....
He booked from AIRBNB and you can check HE DIDN'T COMPLAIN TO AIRBNB AND DIDN'T PUT ANY COMMENT ......WHY ??
He was very agressive with staff and even with me by message, I kept message and I can show them, only blackmail !!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

It was a good place to stay if you decide to visit the central of Bangkok. Located under the BTS Skytrain and this place also reachable and the rate of rooms also 'friendly' I mean still in budget for traveller.

Room Tip: choose the higher floors to get the best scenery .
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Padi Madi Guest... B, Directeur général at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank ou for your comment.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently spent 2 nights here. It was a great stay for the price. It was a first time in Bangkok / Thailand. We arrived at night and it was VERY easy to navigate and find from the airport. The rooms are cozy but that just meant it took less time to cool down. Like every other place we stayed during our Thailand trip, the key needs to be in the room to run the AC so you need to wait for the room to cool down once you return. The rooftop is a nice little space. Wifi worked great. Close to the BTS which was our main reason for choosing. The bathroom could use improving and the water from the shower fills up the floor quite fast so don't leave anything you wouldn't want soaked on the bathroom floor. We really weren't bothered by it though. I would stay here again for a short stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amber O
Padi Madi Guest... B, Manager at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your comment and we hope to see you again ...
We improve the pressure and change the pipe to have a good water evacuation.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

(Trip Advisor for some stupid reason will not give me a date option outside of 2016. This review is based on a stay in the summer of 2012.) I decided to try something new and stayed here one night (on one of my many visits to Bangkok). I returned on one other trip for one night. If I returned, it can't be bad. The highlights are it is safe and clean. However, there is no breakfast, the rooms are seriously tiny, there are no computers (if you need to make further travel arrangements). l would say that if you are stopping over in Bangkok for a night, you will be okay. It is a very convenient location. In summary, I would say that for the walk in price you can do much better, so get an internet deal. I am not here to advertise other establishments, but you can do much better at other hotels for like 8 US dollars more than the walk in price. This is a 750 - 800 baht hotel. Don't pay more.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Padi Madi Guest... B, Manager at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Guest
I don't understand your comment 4 years later....it seems too late...
For your information the hostel has been sold one year ago.
But I can give you some answers :
- rooms are not tiny even our standard room (superior room are bigger), don't forget the price.... if you want a large room you can go to a star hotel !
- we have no computer for guest but all the time our staff print travel document for our guest or guest use one of the computer in the lobby
- I don't think you can find a better place in the same area .... if guest accept to pay 8usd more (it means 30% MORE !!!) they didn't choose our hostel.
If you want a big room we have 2 very large rooms for 200 baths more ... no need to pay 8 USD more.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We had a decent stay at padi madi guest house for 3 days..staff was good and always smiley.thats rare in pattaya n bangkok as the people r very rude n attitude.the location of the hotel is the best point.its jus 5 mins walkable to the bts station from where u can reach most of the main places in bangkok.room was small but very neat n clean.very clean bathroom also.daily they vl clean ur room n provide u 2 bottles of water n coffee n tea.
We wud recommend this if u r on budget travel.go for it.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple