Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$115
TripAdvisor
US$396
US$314
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here for a few nights and had a decent stay.
The staff were pleasant enough. We paid 520 baht per night (about £10.50) for a big room with two double beds, aircon, fridge, private bathroom with cold shower and western toilet, towels and loo roll provided. Breakfast was included too and was good, provided you like toast and fried eggs. There's WiFi in the reception area.
The room wasn't cleaned often enough and areas of the guesthouse were a bit grubby. We saw a couple of roaches, but nothing drastic.
The location was really good for us - not too close to the crazy tourist part of town but really near the Hua Lamphong metro station so it was a good base for exploring the city.
We felt it was good value for what we paid.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed there in August 2012 because a friend of mine recommended this place to me. Half of the showers were out of order also the WiFi didn`t work properly. In the land of the smiles I got not one single smile from the owner (Tommy). I asked him about a visa service for myanmar he did not have clou how to do it (was I the first person ever asked him that question). And I found it as well not polite from him to always remind me o paying my room, like three times a day. But on the other hand he was very calm when the showers and half of the toilets didn`t work. That did not seem to bother him. Tommy and the owner family gave me (and other guest I discussed it with the feeling that we might disturb them with our presence.maybe it will change and they are new in the business ...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Christian M
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Friendly staff, cheap, old style thay wooden home. They should clean bathroom more often... Position is good: is located near Hualamphong train station and MRT station. Basic breakfast is included in the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MrLik
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed in this guest house for only one night because we needed accommodation near the Hua Lamphong Railway Station as we were departing for Cambodia at 5 am. The crew was nice and offered us to stay in a 4 person room although we were 5, but we payed 1000bth for the room (normal price for 4 person, he didn't count the other person).

Our room had air conditioner and a private bathroom with a separated room for the shower. It wasn't actually in the main building, but in the building next to it. There wasn't a problem for us to leave the guest house in the middle of the night because we told the guy the day before. The only thing I missed was the wi-fi, for that price it could be included, but I don't think they had that service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This cute guest house is right opposite the train station in Bangkok and just a 10 min walk from Chinatown with its authentic atmosphere. The guest house looks lovely. Unfortunately we had bed bugs in our room and the staff didn't emtpy the trash bin in the upper floor, one toilet and one shower (shared bathrooms) wasn't working so that some people had to change floors to use the bathroom. Breakfast was included but wasn't that much. If there weren't any bed bugs I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2012