Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$113
US$88
US$68
US$404
US$314
All reviewshot watermarket stallsbook toursmini fridgeshort strolltwo nightsclean bathroomper nightstay there againsiambalconytvbahtwifirambuttritaxi
Reviewed 24 May 2015

My room 's AC didn't work at all blowing out nothing but warm air so they moved me to another room where the AC reeked of strong moldy odor giving me an instant headache . Fearing getting sick, I decided to keep my old room using the fan instead in the middle of summer . I then discovered the TV's remote didn't work either . One staff was SUPER RUDE starring me down before handing me the better remote . I have been coming here for several years whenever visiting Bangkok . I've seen the DETERIORATION and lack of basic maintenance . The hotel has no elevator only a tiny one strictly used for freight . Basic things that were broken in the room since last stay have remained unrepaired ! I'm not going back!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Serendipp
Reviewed 6 March 2015

It did the trick, just a clean reasonable priced guesthouse, very nearby Ko San road.

Efficient and friendly staff, you can ask for a "quiet" room, bed and bathroom both ok. Had some ants in the room, but that's not a big deal for me :)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on the webpage
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Yens_NL
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

So, this place is clean, quiet, central (for the Cow Son Road) and the bed is super comfortable, but that's about it as far as it goes for this hotel. To be honest now that we have checked into our next hotel you can see the vast difference between them. Essentially this place is overpriced but i guess that is standard for this area. I suppose i would come back and stay here, better the devil you know, but to be honest i think i will try somewhere else for when we come back to bangkok.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pinheadplanet
Reviewed 17 February 2015

We were looking for a place to stay that was inexpensive and was in a good location - which New Siam III were. But wish we stayed elsewhere. There are tons of places to stay in Bangkok that are cheap - so keep looking!

Like some places in Thailand and elsewhere, the hotel required you to return the key when you leave and then check back in when you return to your room. They then turn back on the electricity to your room. However, in only a 3 night stay, they forgot to turn it on twice - which meant after a long day of traveling, we had to walk back down 5 flights of stairs to remind them to turn the electricity on, then walk back up the stairs. Normally, not a big deal, but given the fact that we were walking around for 14+ hour days, it just wasn't ideal.

They also only gave up 1/2 a roll of toilet paper and then we had to use the toilets in the lobby - and found they don't keep toilet paper in there. So when I asked, rather than give me a roll, they gave me a handful to use - which is pretty weird and not really sanitary either. We ended up buying toilet paper so we didn't have to keep asking them since they seemed really stingy over it.

The room itself was not clean - now, given the price, I'm not expecting anything glitzy or glamorous, but I am expecting it to be clean. It was visibly not. We didn't complain because, well, the place was cheap and we roll with the punches when we travel, but in hindsight, we probably should have.

The phone also fell apart. Literally fell into pieces when we picked up the receiver to make a call to the lobby. We were able to put it back together and hold it in place to make the call, but still.

We also were told the breakfast buffet would start at 6:30AM. When we arrived the next morning at 6:45, the said they did not have breakfast. We were being picked up or a market tour so we had to scramble to find somewhere else before being picked up 20 minutes later.

Also, the hotel itself is not quiet. Even though we were on the 5th floor, we would wake up through the night because of the outside noise.

Finally, while we knew this while booking, just FYI - The internet is not free. You have to pay per day, per device. You can't share a code between two devices at the same time. It's inexpensive but inconvenient.

My advice, to look elsewhere. You can find something comparable in price and much cleaner, friendlier, and with better service.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baltoartgal
Reviewed 26 January 2015 via mobile

I come to this place since years. This was the last time. Unfriendly receptionist. They don't care about the visitors. Wifi still not included...
Rooms are old and need to be updated...
I will never go back...