Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$125
US$95
Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$136
US$70
TripAdvisor
US$348
US$314
All reviewsthai breakfastthree roomsbooking taxisrooms are beautifully decoratedbustling bangkokcolonial styledemocracy monumentsleeping areathe ground floorin south east asiathe main roadbedroomedwat
Reviewed 19 February 2017

The Bhuthorn is an enigma. This is a three bedroomed B&B; the ground floor bedroom is not great but has hot water, the upstairs bedroom is glorious in Colonial style, but there is no hot water in this room so cold showers only. We complained - there was no apology and no attempt to put this right.

There are no tea making facilities for guests not even in reception as advertised.

However, it is in the best location in old Bangkok, it is so quiet at night and has a charm of its own. The Thai breakfast is amazing - choose the 4 dish Pinto on the breakfast menu. A newspaper handed out at breakfast too.

The owner is very attentive and makes an effort to look after her quests.

So although there were short comings, we have to give this accommodation 5 stars!

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank bootstrapbob
Reviewed 29 January 2017

I recently spent three nights in Bangkok on my way back to the UK from traveling elsewhere in south-east Asia. I chose the Bhuthorn because of its location - in old Bangkok away from the busier parts of the city but still close to some of my favourite places including Wat Arun, Wat Prakeow and Ratchadamnoen Road with its beautiful art deco buildings and the Democracy Monument. Out for a stroll on one of the days, I wandered off the main road and happened upon some shady side streets along what is left of Bangkok's once extensive canal system. You can still see wooden houses and many temples in this area. There are also many restaurants and several bars within walking distance.

I also chose the Bhuthorn because it has just three rooms and is in an authentically restored former shop house. My room was a delight with a cosy lounge decorated with vintage furnishings and pictures of old Bangkok and an "upstairs" sleeping area. All of the surfaces are teak, enhancing the authenticity of the shop house.

Breakfast is served in a tiny open air courtyard at the back of the guest house and guests are asked to choose what they would like the night before. I am a vegetarian and so chose a vegetarian bento box. The contents changed a little each day but included at various times vegetarian noodles, vegetable rice, mango, dragon fruit, "Chinese pastry" and tiny onion patties wrapped in a banana leaf. All delicious. Coffee, tea, juice and water are also served.

An additional treat at the Bhuthorn is that afternoon tea is served in the courtyard. Guests can choose from two or three items to have with their tea or coffee - I chose the sticky rice with coconut milk and mango. Again, delicious.

The two staff that I met were excellent - Trisha who checked me in and sorted out my breakfast each day as well as booking taxis, etc. and the young man who assisted with my very heavy bag and went out to find me a telephone charger after I had left mine in Myanmar!

I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Yekkes
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Simply stated, The Bhuthorn is superb. The care and attention to detail was unmatched by any other hotel we visited during our three-week vacation to Southeast Asia.

After 30+ hours of traveling from the United States, it was absolutely blissful to fall asleep in the clean, cool comfort of The Bhuthorn. The staff was amazing, particularly Trisha, going out of their way to help us on numerous occasions, including walking with us to a restaurant that we were struggling to find. In a bustling foreign city where we don’t speak the language, we felt safe and cared-for every day.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, with reliable Wifi and a helpful booklet of information about landmarks, customs, and restaurants. Afternoon tea was held every day between 2 and 5pm, and became a major highlight of our days that was only matched by the delicious breakfasts. The availability of a “western” breakfast was much appreciated, but not needed – the local fare is far superior and changes every morning, providing a wide range of tastes to explore. If you’re a coffee-drinker, then you won’t be disappointed. Our group of six unanimously agreed that it was the best coffee we’ve ever had… EVER. One small negative was we felt the pillows too thick.

If you decide to book with The Bhuthorn, make sure to get clarification about the sister hotel. Our driver accidentally dropped us off at their other, larger hotel a few blocks away, and for a brief (anxious) moment, we thought we were locked out of our hotel! Luckily, a staff member from the Bhuthorn met us on the sidewalk and guided us to the correct location.

Chitlada was so helpful when making the reservations. When part of our party’s flight was delayed she arranged to have a second car sent to the airport and Trisha waited up for them to arrive and got everyone settled. We left a couple items after we departed and Chitlada emailed us pictures of the items we left and would have arranged to get them to us, had we needed them.

Since our group occupied all three rooms it was like having our own apartment within walking distance to the sites of old town Bangkok. For a home-away-from-home experience with an added touch of luxury and an authentic local feel, at a reasonable price, stay at The Bhuthorn.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely stay at this peacefull hotel in the middle of hectic Bangkok. With all the major attractions of old town Bangkok within a a short walk ~1km. I can recommend the Thai breakfast if you've grown accustomed to having rice for breakfast. The complimentary traditional afternoon tea is another major plus! All in all a great hotel in the middle of Bangkok

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

This 3 rooms bed and breakfast is decorated traditionally, so don't expect the luxury western standards. Manager is a little lady full of good will that can also provide you with some information about the city. Location is great, among the local Thai people and close to all the temples. Overall a charming experience. Big minus is that taxis have a hard time finding it, so take that into account.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo