“Excellent choice near airport”

The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
Ranked #328 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We used this hotel for a quick overnight in Bangkok on our trip through Indochina for www.mmphototours.com.

The hotel is close to Bangkok International airport BUT is very quiet. The rooms are large, clean, well appointed and offer all the western amenities one normally uses. The bathroom was very modern and the shower was awesome. The price is right for a quick overnight.

The staff was helpful and even got us box breakfasts to go since we had to be at the airport before their breakfast service began. Also, the hotel offers an airport shuttle which is included in the price of the room. Great deal!

I will stay here again on our next trip that requires us to travel via Bangkok!

Room Tip: Book on-line.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MMPTUT

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed for one night in January 2011 between flights. The transfer from the airport was great, I easily found the hotel contact and it was very quick. The staff were really helpful with getting luggage in and confirming my transfer back to the airport the next morning for an early flight. My room was very clean and comfortable and was decorated in a modern style. The bathroom was modern and clean as well. I ate i the restuarant and the food was fine, the pool area looked really nice and I was disappointed not to try it. The only downside to this hotel was the noise, I thought it wasn't that bad until the people in the room next door to me arrived at 1am and I could hear almost everything from them. I'm sure they appreciated me getting up at 5.30 am for my 6.00am checkout for the flight!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Me and my family stayed in The Cottage for overnight before flying to Phuket. Prior to our trip, i emailed them to give my flight details for free pick up at the airport. They replied and confirmed my pick up right away which is very impressive! When we reached the airport and the "meeting station", we found only a folder hanging by the railings with our names on it. We waited 5-10 minutes for the airport rep to show up. Finally he came and he asked us to wait for awhile because the van is coming jn 10-15mins which we waited again. Approximately 25 minutes were wasted at the airport for waiting. Finally the van came and we went to the hotel. Receptionists were very helpful and speaks good english. Welcome drinks were given as well. Room is clean and basic. Very nice pool with bean bags which we failed to use it because we dont have much time. It is situated near Paseo Mall which has Mcdonalds, Coffee shops, restaurants, pharmacy and night market. Overall, it was very pleasant experience in the hotel except for the pick up that we waited for awhile. Offers wake up calls if you have early flight the next day. Has safety deposit box offered in the reception for free. We didnt encounter any problems regarding transfer from hotel to the airport. Price is good value for the money if your looking for an overnighter hotel which is very close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Since we had an early flight we wanted to stay close to the airport and decided on this one since it´s cheap plus it got good reviews. We didn't get disappointed. The room was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived three people came out and helped us with our luggage. I would recommend this place to anyone. The airport was about 15 minutes ride away and it's great with a free shuttle altough the driver wanted a tip which was a bit annoying.
Try the restaurant at the end of the road on the left hand side. Really nice food!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I discovered this hotel on the Internet as I was searching for a place to overnight near the airport. I reserved a room via their Web site. When I arrived at the airport, I easily located a gentleman with a "The Cottage Suvarnabhumi" sign in his hand. He handed me off to the van driver, who arrived about 15 minutes later since he was picking up other passengers. The hotel is located close to the airport, about a 10 minute drive. The reception staff was friendly and efficiently professional. The room was clean and refreshing. The place must be popular with Russians, as there were a number of skimpily dressed Russian gals hanging out in the place. Located nearby is a mini-mall (about an 8 minute walk). The mini-mall has two banks with ATMs, and several eateries, including a McDonalds and some other Western joints. Early the next morning (4:00 AM), the hotel van driver cheerfully dropped me off at the airport. In summary, the hotel offered a free airport drop-off/pick-up service, clean room with a cozy bed, and a convenient location to other food options. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo