US$118
Priceline
US$542
US$388
Agoda.com
All reviewsclose to the airportpaseo mallairport hotelbetween flightsshuttle bustransit stayshuttle servicewake up calllong flightshort stayan early morning flightbooked this hotelrooms are basicnight staythe main roadnice poolstayed for one night
Reviewed 23 April 2012

the flight to bangkok was very late and i stayed at this hotel for one night and went to the city on the other day. the surrounding of the hotel is more like an abandoned area. well, i was happy that it provided a free of charge shuttle to the airport on the other day. and that's it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sakurako517
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great airport hotel and beats paying the price charged by the big chains. Had a pool side room and it was fantastic. Staff were lovely, always had a wai for you and a big Thai smile. Had dinner there and it was tasty. The breakfast will set you back 250 baht for the buffet but you actually get more of the good stuff if you order the American breakfast for 180 baht. But the bed....welcome to a good night's sleep. Free airport transfer both ways is a bonus. 10 mins on the dot and they will drop you where your airline check-in is. Cheaper road side restaurants at the end of the street but I was too lazy to venture out so can't rate them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Venner135
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed at The Cottage for my last night before heading overseas again. Front desk staff were reasonable and helpful, WiFi was not free but had good speed at least. The restaurant however is woeful and I've had much better meals in Bangkok for a fraction of the price than here. The service was abysmal, the waitress simply disappeared and no one came to give me the bill despite sitting around aimlessly for 45 mins or more. Gave up as I had more important things to do with my time. Breakfast was typical but limited, and not everything was fresh hot. Water pressure was bizarre - it pulses, so no steady stream. This was the same for toilet, shower, tap etc. No complimentary free water either, despite being a decent walk away from any other amenities. Ok for a one night stopover perhaps but not for any extended stay.

Room Tip: Get your own metered taxi, not the tour/taxi operator. You'll get there quicker and cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Mixed feelings about the cottage. The location is very good, shuttle service on time and at the airport fast. Room was clean and fine for the price to. Biggest plus is probably the staff, all very friendly and smiling.

The reason it does not get a better rating in my mind is the lack of free internet. You have to pay for it (and at 100 bath an hour quite a lot) which is a first after 6 months of travel for me. Not to happy about this. Should be complimentary as with most hotels. The staff did allow me to check my email for free, which is off course very nice, and speaks for them, but the fact dat wifi is not included is a bad thing in my mind.

Also the shower in my room on the 4th floor was not to good. The pressure kept changing from good to bad every few seconds, as did the temperature of the water.

So good and bad things, for a night close at the aiport the room and staff are good, but no internet is annoying.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B M
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Okay, I know I paid $40 only...but I paid it to sleep. Since I did not, I think I would have fared better at the airport. The moment I hit the bed (with stained sheets and all), the guests in the next room started talking and watching TV. It would not have matter in any other hotel probably, but my room was connected to theirs by a flimsy door that did not make much of a difference. Actually, when those people walked into their room, the noise was so loud, that I actually woke up in panic because it felt if someone walked into my room! It was scary...and then it went downhill from there. I agree with other reviewers that the stuff is nice...but that does not help really with the problem I had. Also, it is not 5 min away from the airport, but 10 at least. It might sound insignificant, but still...why not state the correct time?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruchei
Ohm P, Front Office Manager at The Cottage Suvarnabhumi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Ruchei,

I am extremely disappointed that we have failed to stop the loud noises made by other guest in the adjacent room. Here at The Cottage, one of the most important factors that we try to create for all of our guests is the feeling of Security and Privacy. Only 4 out of 101 rooms have connecting doors and all the doors are safely locked on both sides. If we only knew that the guests next door were invading your privacy, our staffs have been trained to react instantly to solve these problems for our guests.

It is unacceptable that your bed sheets had stained on it and will be sure to handle this case properly.

Thank you very much for the great comment about our staffs being friendly, we will definitely maintain that standard.

Although I cannot erase your poor experience with us, I would very much like to speak with you personally so that we can address your concerns directly. I can be reached at fom@thecottagebangkok.com.

Ohm M. Plypoo