“Nice experience”

Baan Dalah Mind Body Spa
Ranked #48 of 430 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Baan Dalah MindBody Spa is conveniently located in the heart of the hotel/restaurant/tourist Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. Baan Dalah MindBody Spa has easy access from Bangkok’s clean and efficient Skytrain. Soi 8 is just half a block from the NaNa Skytrain Station.
Melbourne
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This place is a bit more expensive compared to other massage parlors. However, the ambiance more than makes up for it. We had a Thai leg and back massage and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visited January 2014

London
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“My Favourite Thai Spa”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I find myself in Bangkok at least twice a year either on business or holiday. A trip to Thailand always, always starts with a three hour visit to Baan Dalah - the best spa I have ever found.

Baan Dalah is just at the bottom of Nana BTS but when you go in the world dissapears into a tranquel setting. Once you make your request for treatment - mine is always a 2 hour Thai massage followed by an hour of reflexology you take off your shoes.

You feet are washed by attentive staff and then you are taken upstairs to their treatment rooms. Thai massage is done dressed so you are shown to your small dimly lit treatment room and you change into the loose fitting outfit waiting for you. Your massage is done to the level of firmness that you ask for. It really takes out all of the kinks that long haul flying give you.

The reflexology is done down stairs on comfortable loungers. I always find myself nodding off while my feet are being worked on, especially after two hours of Thai massage.

Clean and very reasonably priced I couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend it!!

Visited October 2013
Singapore
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Frequent visitor”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Have been frequenting only this spa when I stay on soi 8. Located right at the start of soi 8 and just a stone throw from Nana BTS, this spa is the cleaner, better decorated and nicer ambience among the lot. Prices are somewhat similar to many of those street side spas.

This is a family spa and no dirty business is conducted. I find the overall service to be friendly unlike how some reviewers have indicated otherwise. Thais are generally friendly and soft spoken unless you irked them.

Its located beside the street so the occasional traffic noise can be heard. I think this adds to the authencity of a thai city massge. If you want a peaceful top notch massage, then please pay for one otherwise expect monkeys for peanuts. I'm not saying to avoid this spa as I have always enjoyed, but there are various masseurs with varying skills.... so its a game of luck at times.

1 Thank AlvinTSingapore
Hong Kong
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Expensive for Bangkok, but a clean and professional spa”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We did a "walk-in" into this spa as the TripAdvisor sticker on the front door caught our eye! We looked at the prices and even though the prices were steep for massages in Bangkok, it looked decent enough for a try.

We opted for a full body massage, and were shown to our rooms. If you want to have a facial or a foot massage, you will be assigned to one of the chairs on the ground floor (next to the walk-in area), so there isn't much privacy.

The spa is well-designed and invoked a feeling of being in a Thai resort. The rooms are small and had soft lighting, and they felt cosy. I was led to a shower to rinse off (your choice), and then had the massage.

My therapist is very strong and despite asking her to go easy on my shoulders she did not relent. In fact she said, "Hurt now, but later ok!", which I wasn't too pleased with! I was hurting a lot as I just had a rock-climbing trip in Saraburi, so you can imagine my discomfort.

As I chose the Swedish massage option, I was very well-oiled, and I had a shower after a massage to get rid of the excess oil.

In summary, it is a nice spa but the therapists should listen to the customer and adjust her strength according to the comfort of the customer! Other than this negative aspect, it is a family-friendly spa where no sexual business of any kind will be tolerated.

Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Unprofessional therapist and relatively expensive”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I had our foot massages here. I took a normal foot massage and my wife a foot massage with tiger palm. The cost were 400 baht and 450 baht per hour, respectively. Not exactly cheap considering Healthland charges 280 baht per hour.

What irked us the most was that the two therapists kept talking to and laughing with each other. My wife said her therapist's skill was okay except she seemed to cut some corners. Mine was just frankly well below my expectation with very stingy energy and strength from the therapist.

We were also put in the open area which was quite noisy with human traffic in the walk way and road traffic clearly audible when the front door was open. The only plus point was the decoration of the shop.

All in all a very disappointing experience.

Visited September 2013