“Nice small cafe restaurant”

Siam House Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #128 of 12,404 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Silom
Reviewed 27 May 2017

The Siam House Cafe Restaurant is a nice eating place.

The food is very good and the prices are very reasonable.
It is a small cafe restaurant - but it has air conditoning - which is a welcome relief from the heat and humidity outside.

I ordered vegetarian spring rolls and chicken pad thai. The food came within ten minutes. The food was tasty.

The service was friendly and efficient.

I would recommend this place for a nice and very reasonably priced meal. My bill which included a small bottle of still water came to 100 Bahts ( equivalent to GBP2.25 May 2017).

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I had an amazing meals here. I could say it is the best traditional food restaurant in Bangkok. I came on the first day in BangKok, and after one week, I went back for the last meal in Bangkok, then went back to Viet Nam. AMAZING.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Spicy is not everyone favorite. But who love spicy will love the tomyum soup. Pad Thai is Thailand'a fried noodle. Food here for me is not oily. And I ordered 3 kinds of meals and I finished it. You can try the Siam coffee as well.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We just arrived in Bangkok a few hours ago. As Soi Silom 20 was near our hotel and feeling quite hungry, my friends and I walked in to Silom House. The restaurant with a seating capacity of about 20 was quite full. Just managed to grab the last table available. We ordered a plate each of Thai fried rice with prawns and squid and mushroom tom yum. We also got a plate of roast duck which the owner got from the little place opposite Siam House. In the meantime, had some Singha Beer as well. The Beer was nicely chilled. The food took about 45 minutes to appear. The food was average. The duck was nice. The staff though friendly, hardly spoke any English. The total bill was 830 Bhats.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We ate here many times a couple of months ago and were looking forward to eating here again! Delicious food with great value. Very nice family runs it and deservedly gets very busy for dinner. The portions are generous - you can pick between small and large, the curries are very tasty and will ruin you if you're visiting the neighbouring countries later on, nothing will be spiced to perfection anymore (if at all). The place is small with tables inside in the AC and a few on the street. As we have been here about 20 times at least, we've noticed there are many regulars and the massaman curry is the most ordered dish - rightfully so as it is amazing - so they run out of it some days when it's too busy. However the other curries are equally delicious and also the breakfast dishes.