Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$89
US$80
2,882 results
All reviewsthe riverkrung thon burifamily roomswimming poolfree shuttlebts stationnice poolchao phrayathe main roadrooms are basichotel shuttlesaphan taksinsathorn piershuttle servicedouble bedtuk tukwat arun
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The first impression i had when i arrived at this hotel was not so good. I had to take care of my heavy luggage by myself and there was no welcoming smile or look from the receptions. The room was tiny but very clean! I think it's a good point because for me the cleanliness always comes first. The air con was a bit noisy and they didnt change the bed sheet (I was staying for like a week at that time) until i checked out. No room services and no laundry services. I ever asked for "same day laundry services" but the staff told me that my dress would be returned the next day. For ladies, you won't be so happy with the wardrobe because it was very small! The food was okay though.
I loved the river view in front of the hotel restaurant. So gorgeous at night with the sparkling ships passing by. Overall, the staffs were friendly. I believe if they could pay attention to the details, they will make a wonderful budget hotel! Look forward for my next visit there!

Room Tip: Take the riverview room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LittleAngel13
juanmejiareyes, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you mention our river view, good food and cleanliness. Nonetheless, we offer you our apologies for the specific inconveniences you faced with our team and we thank you for your constructive comments. Moreover, regarding our laundry service, the reason it takes 24 hours is that it is an outsourced service. Finally, we would kindly like to point out that, even though Ibis does not offer room service, food and beverages are available at the reception 24/7. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I stayed for 10 nights, and was upgraded to a river view room. Very new hotel, so nice and clean. Short walk to river crossing or free shuttle to BTS. Great to be by the river. Food expensive compared to general BKK prices, but reasonable compared to European hotel prices. Free wifi in reception, they were having problems with hte wifi while I was there so it was free everywhere in the hotel once I had the code for reception.
The reception service on check in and out was not so great, but it got me the upgrade, and I put it down to newness of staff. lLso, quite hard to get served a drink outside in the evening- I resorted to keeping some in my mini fridge and taking them down to enjoy the nightime river views (also a fraction of the price)
The shuttle bus drivers were great, and even dropped me by the river crossing service a couple of times.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank tallbird
juanmejiareyes, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Thank you for your review. It pleases us that you enjoyed your stay and mention our great location, adequate rooms and fair price. Moreover, we thank you for your constructive comments concerning our front desk team and we assure you that we will continue working on improving our service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights in order to use it as a base to explore Bangkok and surrounding areas (only reason we chose this hotel is because I had Accor points to burn off). It was apparently opened in fall of 2010 and it shows: management and staff are fairly useless. It took them 3 attempts until they could direct us to the proper room we had asked (double-bed with riverview) and were totally unapologetic about it. The staff barely know any english (I know this ain't a four-star hotel but still, teach these kids some basic words...)

The rooms are rather spartan but quite roomy however I doubt they will stay clean for a long time (opened about 6-8months ago, there's already rust on the bottom of the bathroom door frame...) The pool is rather nice however. Location wise it's not a bad call as it is a 10-min walk (over the Chao Pran river) to either the river boats or the super convenient sky train. While it's a claimed 4km from downtown BKK, it's still a good location to use as a base. I would recommend this location over some of the other Accor hotel offers in BKK (Ibis, All Seasons, Novotel) that are primarily located in the business district since the easy access to the river and skytrain and the hotel offers a free shuttle (between 8am - 8pm) to the nearest SkyTrain station.

There hotel is not well soundproofed and the design of the doors doesn't help (impossible to shut the doors quietly or gently (and most guests don't really care how loud they slam their doors or listen to the TV). If you are unlucky and get a room next to some dodgy-looking Westerner coming over to celebrate his new found love with a Thai girl (or ladyboy) you could be in for a long night as the walls are quite thin... Luckily, this wasn't our case but we dreaded that it could happen every night...

If you are stuck and must eat at the hotel, their buffet is fairly good. That being said, there's lots of street food on offer (starting at around 35baht) a 2-minute walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: If you ask for a riverview, don't expect much.
4  Thank Dave111111042
juanmejiareyes, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you were pleased with our location, rooms and pool area. Nonetheless, we offer our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with our team and we assure you that we will continue holding training sessions to improve their level of English and overall performance. We hope to have you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

The location is good. Its right on the river and if you walk across the bridge, the river taxi/ferry goes from here right up the river, past China Town, Grand Palace and so forth. From the airport a taxi should be in the region of 350 baht on a meter. But you rarely get a taxi on the meter, so about 400-450 as an agreed price is reasonable. Ensure that it includes the cost for the toll road.

The hotel itself, looks modern and clean which is is. The outside areas are well maintained and kept clean. Check in was ok, but none of the good Thai hospitality you get at other Thai hotels. I guess this is where the charm starts to wear off. You could literally be in any chain hotel in the world and until you look our the window and see a temple or building, the hotel remains bland.

The room, whilst adequate in size very much lacks any character. Its plain and simple. It has tea/coffee making facilities, safe, TV, en-suite with shower only. And after your bed, built in wardrobe, desk, bed side tables, that is it. The room is so plain. But that is what you get from hotel chains.

The worst thing about the room was the noise. Not from the hotel or nearby, but the inconsiderate behaviour of other guests. TV's loud at night until 2am and because of 'paper thin' walls, people slamming doors, and families who think its ok for their children to run up and down corridors screaming their heads off.

After our journey we decide to try the restaurant in the hotel, it was 10:00pm. the restaurant closes at 10:30pm. We were told quite abruptly that they were closed and to go to the bar. The staff then continued their 'chat' with each other. So we ordered from the bar, ok price, ok food.

In the vicinity there are lots of little street vendors, cafes and such to get local cheap food. A short walk takes you to some more expensive restaurants. Bangkok is so big, its sometimes easier to get a tuk tuk or taxi to somewhere nearby you have in mind. There are plenty of these around. Plus lots of restaurants along the river within walking distance too.

Across the road from the hotel is a seven eleven for bits and bobs.

Would I stay here again? No. There is so much choice in Bangkok I would rather have stayed somewhere else. The price to stay here is perhaps a bit more than other places, but still not particularly expensive. This place would do if you're here for some sight seeing and shopping as we were, but not really for a holiday.

On a positive, nice to have an out door swimming pool and gardens.

3  Thank bionicgrasshopper
juanmejiareyes, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Thank you for your feedback. It pleases us that you highlight our adequate rooms, hotel’s cleanliness and good location. Additionally, we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our pool area and gardens. Nonetheless, we offer you our apologies for the loud noises you mention. We will certainly take your comments into consideration to keep on improving our noise control. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed 2 nights and really liked it. The views along the river are fantastic and it's only a short walk to the river taxi. The rooms are big and clean. Breakfast was good and the staff are all very helpful and friendly. No free wifi in the room though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
juanmejiareyes, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, our facilities and our location. Moreover, we thank you for mentioning the good quality of our breakfast and our team's good performance. We will pass your compliments to them. We look forward to having you back in the near future.