US$79
US$499
US$390
Cancelon
2,881 results
All reviewsthe riverkrung thon burifamily roomswimming poolfree shuttlebts stationnice poolchao phrayathe main roadrooms are basichotel shuttlesaphan taksinsathorn piershuttle servicedouble bedtuk tukwat arun
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed at the Ibis Riverside for one week while visiting friends in BKK. I chose this hotel for its proximity to my friends' homes, but was so pleasantly surprised that I know I will stay there again on my yearly visit to the City of Angels. The staff was exemplary, with attentive and professional service. The breakfast buffet was delicious and offers guests an ample variety of Continental and Asian options to choose from. I did not dine in for lunch or dinner, preferring to take my tastebuds on an adventure down Charoen Nakhon, the main street. Here you'll find a variety of street food vendors and local restaurants that are inexpensive as well as delectable. A fully-stocked supermarket is just 10 minutes away, and there's always a 7-11 nearby to satisfy late night cravings.

The rooms are tastefully appointed with modern and comfortable furniture, plus mini fridge, satellite tv, and in-room safety deposit box. The beds are comfortable, and the room was always spotless.

What I most enjoyed was the beautiful riverfront gardens and poolside area, a serene oasis away from the frenetic pace you'd find around more popular tourist zones like Sukhumvit, Nana, and Silom/Sathorn. The riverfront location was a wonderful end-of-day respite where one can enjoy an evening cocktail and the cooling breeze. Plenty of comfortable couches and a lovely sala complete the garden.

A hotel shuttle carries guests to/from the BTS (Skytrain) station every 30 minutes, though able walkers will find the 10-15 minute stroll to Krung Thon Buri station easy and enjoyable. For those wishing to take in the Grand Palace, Wat Po, and Wat Arun, a cross-river ferry for a mere 3 baht will take you across to connect at Saphan Taksin with the Chao Praya river taxis. This is also an alternative and picturesque route to Saphan Taksin BTS if you have the time.

Room Tip: Rooms on either side of the hotel provide beautiful views of Bangkok
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank ultrapop
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank your for your wonderful review on our TripAdvisor profile!
We are glad that you enjoyed our prime location as well as facilities, the interior design and our friendly staff.
Additionally, we truly appreciate your feedback and comment and we hope to welcome you again in the soon future!

ibis Thailand - Communications Centre

Reviewed 3 January 2012

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
TJaroonteeravanitch, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Reviewed 24 December 2011

Reasonably priced --> spacious and clean room with modern design, excellent river view from our room and we enjoyed free wifi in our room for free!
Breakfast buffet above expectations for the price we paid. Can dine outdoors to enjoy the gorgeous view
Location a bit inconvenient, either you walk for ~15 minutes to KT buri BTS or 5 minutes to the pier and then cross the river with the ferry to Saphan Taksin station but that may take you up to 20 minutes to reach the BTS (because the ferry departs only when it's nearly full, plus the shuttle only departs every 30 minutes...)
Nice pool but may be too cold? --> can't help shivering

But not sure if it's Ibis Hotel's practice or not
How come the rooms are not equipped with some basic amenities especially toothbrush and toothpaste, slippers? (plus there is no lock for the bathroom door???) Among all the hotels in Asia (China, Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia) that I have been to, no matter if it's 3 star to 5 star hotel, these are part and parcel of a hotel room. When I phoned the reception about my requests, the unhelpful staff said they could not even provide a toothbrush for a hotel group like this, ashamed!!! (plus there is a card in the room saying that the hotel promises to satisfy its guest's minor request within 15 minutes or else we will be their guest again--> this is totally rubbish!) --> Is good that we later realized there was a 7-elevan around the corner where we could buy what we needed (in which the unhelpful hotel staff did not make any suggestions at all) , or else I would have to brush my teeth with my fingernails for the rest of the stay......Definitely have to brush up their reception skills!

Room Tip: Ask the reception directly to give you a riverview room, esp on the 7th floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BWHKDR

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate that you enjoyed the river view, hotel design and our breakfast.

Regarding location, please note that our hotel offers complimentary shuttle service for our guest's convenience, hope that you will try on this service for your future stay :)

For the in-room amenity, please note that our hotel is an economy hotel brand that offers quality accommodation at great value for our guest. So we provide the neccessary items in the room.

We apologise for any inconvenience you received during the stay and will surely pass your message to the hotel management.

We hope to welcome you again at ibis Bangkok Riverside or try another experience at other ibis hotels in Phuket, Pattaya, Samui, Bangkok and soon in Hua Hin :)

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Loved this hotel. River view rooms are too good. Rooms are clean. Pool is clean and one can see the river and surroundings from here. Breakfast is very good. They have free wifi, but some how it didnt worked for us. All over it was great to stay here :).

Room Tip: Go for River View room...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank prachijo

Thank you for your review and compliments on our hotel services, facilities and location.
It's good to know that you had a great experience and also that our hotel met your expectation.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon at ibis Bangkok Riverside!

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed at IBIS Riverside for four nights; despite repeated requests I was unable to get fresh linens or towels. Additionally, my bank at home put a temporary hold on my account (even though I advised them I would be traveling they suspected fraud). It took a few days to sort this out & IBIS would not allow me to charge food or drink to my room (Thankfully I have Thai friends in Bangkok or I would have starved!)The hotel staff called the bank for me; it should have been free international call but they charged me $75 USD! The pool is ok & they have decent cable tv but that is the only nice thing I can say.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank princesscrunchy

Thank you for your comment on our TripAdviser profile!

We sincerely apologise for any convenience during the stay with us and will surely pass your message to the hotel management to improve urgently.

Thank you for your compliment on our facilities.

We hope to welcome you again at ibis Bangkok Riverside as well as any other ibis hotels in Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Samui, Phuket and Hua Hin)