Lowest prices for your stay
US$20
Free cancellation until 05/11/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 04/11/21
Hotels.comUS$20
Booking.comUS$19
TravelocityUS$20
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Generally, the hotel is clean and contains basic facilities. Room is big enough, but the sound proof is bad. I heard the alarm from the next door.

The hotel closes to MRT station, which is convenient to go different places by BTS or MRT. A convenience store operates at the ground floor of the hotel that I can buy some necessities.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank mansont2018
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

It is feedback such as yours that enables us to adjust and better our services and facilities to meet the discerning needs of our guests.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

We had our flight around 12 AM so we had 12 hours to spare after we checked out of the Hotel we were staying at ..So since FX Makkasan was giving a 55% discount so booked on there.

I booked on the Furama website and it made me enter the card details but on arriving at the Hotel they swiped the card for the same saying that it had not been charged on the website. I am not sure if I was double charged.. will come to know only when my credit card statement comes.

It is a 3-4 min walk to Phetchaburi MRT .. and 6-7 min walk to Makkasan Airport Link with City Check in incase you are flying Thai.. So this is an added advantage.

Rooms are clean and Ok .. not too fancy but beds are comfortable so no complains.

Bathrooms are clean .. sometimes some bad smells seem to be coming..but this is just off and on.

There is a 7-11 on the ground floor .. the attached Ramen place is a little too expensive and not the most amazing in terms of choice..

But apart from being close to the Airport Link this is bang in the Middle of NOWHERE... no shopping.. no food .. no nothing .. so you might want to consider this..

But for the price paid it is totally worth it.. so if you dont mind being in the middle of nowhere and willing to stay out of your room for pretty much the whole day needing to Crash only at the end of day I guess this is a Good Place

Room tip: All are pretty much the same
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank danprsd
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

We ask for your kind understanding and assure you that your comments have been of value to us to provide the best possible standards to our guests at all times.

FX Hotel Makkasan Management

Reviewed 4 June 2012

If you are travelling to BKK alone or with friends backpacking then I think it's alright to stay here.
The hotel looks trendy at the lobby. So far the service is alright, quite prompt during check in.
But they lack in room service, when I called to ask them to refill my tea & coffee the staff was blur and keep asking me to contact the restaurant instead. When i called the restaurant, none of them know what i was talking or asking about. So i decided to drop it.

I didnt go for the breakfast at all. The breakfast is serve at the next restaurant of the hotel.

The location of the hotel is near the train station but it doesnt go to the shopping mall directly. You got to change train to get to the shopping mall.
There are no shops or other restaurants around. If you walk down the streets you will find a 7-11 nearby.

You can take a cab to go to the shopping malls it is around 90 Baht (with no heavy jam). But do take note most of the cab driver are not familiar of the hotel location, so take a map or the hotel name card with you. Personally i think most of the taxi driver PRETEND not to know the location as they want to charge you more.

Overall i should say, its not bad for a decent hotel room. If you dont mind the room floor are not carpeted and the toilet does not have a window or any ventilation.
Would recommend for family trip.

Happy shopping in BKK!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Chillclouds
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.
FX Manager.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I love this hotel because the price is not too expensive (value for money) n clean too..
The receptionist at night shift is so kind n nice, when we ask about the attraction in bangkok, she always willing explain to us clearly.
Near Makkasan Airport Link, you can go walk about 10-15 minutes, but if you go Bangkok with your parent, you should use taxi which there is no taxi want to use the taximeter :( *Bad Habits of Taxi Driver in Bangkok
There is no restaurant or food near the hotel except chookdee dimsum which beside the hotel.
Near central of Bangkok but still need use MRT to go there.
Wi-fi not working at room so if we want to use wi-fi, we must go outside a room (very low signal)

Overall : this hotel is nice place to sleep with your family ^^

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank chr-4n
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I was very pleased to read that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Location:
As mentioned, it's just a 5-minute walk away to the nearest subway (petchaburi), and one stop away from Asok. It's also a 10-minute drive to platinum mall/central world. The hotel is currently building a 7-11. For now, u'll have to walk to the nearest one which is 5 minutes away. No night life/massage outlets/food places in the area.

Room:
It's a new modern hotel. Rooms are fairly comfortable and small, although i was rather annoyed cos the aircon was blowing in my face, no matter how i adjusted it. pillow was rather flat and small. as my room is facing the main street, it was quite noisy. The walls are pretty thin, so I could hear the conversations next door, as well as the mad slamming of the doors at night.

The toilet smelled a little funky - i think it might be some sewage problem, but it was tolerable. one thing that annoyed me to no end though, was the lack of a full length mirror or even a small mirror in the room except the toilet.

For some reason, the hotel is really anal when it comes to providing Internet connection. The computers in the lobby are quite useless because the connection is weird (i've never made it past the google website). they give you little slips of paper that allow you to log onto the internet for 15 minutes. you'll have to pay for unlimited access and i'm not sure how much it costs.

Staff:
they are not the friendliest. a smile wouldn't hurt!

With so many hotels in Bangkok.. I suggest that you choose somewhere else. this hotel is OKAY but forgettable.

Room tip: Choose a room that is away from the street
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank paperdoll86
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests.