“Try The Nokia Cinemas”
Review of Paragon Cineplex

Paragon Cineplex
Ranked #1 of 98 Fun & Games in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Bangkok has some of the best cinemas in the world - and cheap. Try the super-luxurious Nokia theatres. Make sure you stand respectively and quietly for the National Anthem.

There are newer reviews for Paragon Cineplex

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Second time in Bangkok and I had a visit to the cineplex planned ahead of time. We watched MI4 on Imax and Underworld 4 in 3D. Compared to the prices you would pay in Oz, this was very cheap and on top of that, the theaters were top quality. This is what a movie experience should be like. I regret not having been able to experience the 4D theatre. Something to do next time.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is the high end mall in Bangkok. You want Prada, Gucci, LV then its here. High end dining as well as an extensive food hall with fast food and everything else in between. Giant cinema complex on top floor complete with the latest 4DX screens (although I find being blasted in the face with compressed air generally adds little to a movie). Also contains 2 large bookstores well stocked across the spectrum of fiction and academic works hard to find elsewhere in Bangkok.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had a few hours to kill after checking out of my hotel & before getting the overnight train and bus to Phuket. I decided to try the cinema after having read that many films are shown in English with sub-titles.
The Paragon was modern and stylish. Its on the top floor of the shopping mall and there are large LCD screens everywhere giving you details of the films showing. There are also plenty of staff around who can help, I spoke to a lady and she spoke very good English. I bought a ticket for a 3d movie. The cinema itself was excellent with seats that reclined a little when you sat in them. It had a fairly large screen and the sound quality was good. Overall it matched any cinema I've been to in the UK or US for quality and comfort. I bought a drink and some popcorn, these together with the ticket came to around £7
Quick tip, they play the Thai national anthem and a video montage of the king before the film - its considered polite and respectful to stand during this.

1  Thank Barry3110
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We prefer the Paragon more for its food court than its shopping. Is too high end for me. My kids visited the shark tank and that was pretty cool. But its not one of those things you wanna do over and over again. We always end up at Krispy Kreme after our meal. The place is always rocking. Be ready to wait in line.