“My upset using Dusit Cash Voucher at Mayflower, Dusit Thani Bangkok”
Review of The Mayflower

The Mayflower
Ranked #1,108 of 11,378 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Reviewed 30 December 2014

I would like to complain on utilizing Dusit cash/coupon card today at MayFlower, Dusit Thani Bangkok. I would like to see if anyone has this kind of experience on using this kind of cash voucher or not. Please share the experience with me. Thank you.

My family comes to celebrate my 55th anniversary today at the restaurant for lunch. Before I come I know that I can use AMEX card and so get 15% discount from the total bill. We have taken dim sum and some a-la-carte among four of us. The food and the service are excellent as to the standard of Dusit Thani Chains for which I won’t complain on this impeccable standard.

However, when it comes to the payment for our lunch, the invoice charged me 5,932 Baht for which I have also told the cashier that we use AMEX for discount of 15% for the total bill and I also got the Dusit Cash Voucher 3,000 Baht for which to deduct in the total bill as well.

Later on the cashier comes to us and said that we couldn't use this cash voucher together with the discount applicable for AMEX card. Then we need to use only either cash card or AMEX for the 15% discount of total bill. So if we use this voucher, we won’t get any discount although we pay by AMEX. I told her that I don’t mind but I’ll complain this to you and social communities.

The cash voucher or gift card as far as I know anywhere that I frequently use, it should be regarded as the “cash”. For this case, it should the “cash” that can be used only on Dusit chains and there is no pre-condition on using this card. It has to be the payment net after all the discounts. If this is the case and use as the same standard with all others like Central, when we use Central Gift Card, it’ll mean that we won’t get any discount from our purchase at Central? So what’s the value of having Dusit Cash Card? Actually Central Gift Card is used after all discounts given the net price unlike Dusit’s.

So if they use this standard, it means that when we use this Dusit voucher, it has to be FULL PRICE at all Dusit chains e.g. when we book a room we have to pay full price++ for rack rate? If this is the case, what is the benefit of purchasing this Dusit cash voucher on the first place? I doubt it.

I think this is not the good system that Dusit Chains will use this kind of Dusit Cash Voucher to lure the people to having one. The restaurant, food and service is fine but then this problem arise has made me think that Dusit management has done a lot of ground work to develop this restaurant to be one of the leading Chinese restaurant in Thailand but make customer upset on using their cash voucher.

I have also lodged complaint to their customer service office and other two different departments. They have gently reply immediately that they will investigate this case. So far there is still no concrete reply from them. I'm not sure anyone has the problems on using this kind of Dusit cash voucher or other hotel voucher?

2  Thank santhana

Reviewed 30 December 2014

I prefer Sichuan or Hunan which are more spicy. Since the Chef
is Thai he can prepare a lovely steamed fresh fish, Thai style, which
is very delicious

Reviewed 19 October 2014

I went here fore both dim-som and dinner. I love everything on the dim-som menu. Shu mai, Ha Kao, Wonton in soup are all very nice. Hot tea is a perfect compliment for the meal too. For dinner, I highly recommend steamed fish in soy sauce. It's one of the best in Thailand... but will cost you quite a bit. Hey, if you can afford it, why not?

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The mayflower is definitely one of the best Chinese restaurants in town. The Dim Sum lunch is famous and very popular, reservations are a must especially on a Sunday. On my most recent dinner visit we had the drunken cold chicken, hot and sour soup, prawns with spicy sauce, steamed crab claw, and rice noodles with seafood (rad na), all of which were delicious. The setting is lovely and rarely crowded for dinner. Service is as would be expected at a five star.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Delicious Chinese food in an attractive venue with excellent service. Well located close to public transport and in the Dusit Thani hotel complex.