Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$137
US$100
Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$136
US$404
US$314
Official Site
4,658 results
All reviewsbamboo baracross the riverfloor butlerauthor's loungechina housesala rim naamlord jimbest hotels in the worldgrand dameriverside terracegarden wingthai restaurantbutler serviceview of the riverchao phraya riverhotel boatpool staff
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I want to start with a confession: I am biased!
Have been staying at the hotel severeal times a year for the last 30+ years and loved each and every stay and each new stay it is still something I look forward to. Almost like going home, no other luxury hotel does give me that feeling. Everything is just perfect from the moment I am greeted by the hotel staff at the airport, until I am accompagnied to the checking counter on my way out. The hotel offers tranquil and discrete luxury. The staff is incredibly friendly and tries hard to please.

I absolutely cannot confirm the negative impressions I have been reading in this section. However having observed the behaviour of some guests over the years I suspect there might have been a clash of culture. In Thailand like in other countries it helps to understand the basics of the local culture. After all there is sufficient publications around explaining the differences. I also strongly recommend to ask oneself a simple question befor complaining about insufficient command of the english language by the staff: how many foreign languages do I speak fluently?

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank weinweber
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My partner and I are huge fans of this fabulous hotel and have stayed many times but after all the travel advisories against visiting Bangkok wondered whether we should divert to another city . We checked with the hotel who told us that it was safe to come and they were absolutely right . We arrived on November 4 , went quickly through immigration and were met by the hotel's excellent car service who whisked us to the hotel in no time . The hotel is functioning completely normally and is as wonderful as always .

We had a reviving jet lag massage at the superb hotel spa across the river and then an excellent dinner on the terrace of the Verandah restaurant overlooking the river . Today we have been lying by the pool where we had lunch before crossing the river on the hotel boat to the gym.

The staff are so warm and welcoming and although many of them have been affected by the flooding are very glad that guests are still arriving . The hotel is providing support to its staff and their families at this difficult time and I'd urge anyone planning to visit Bangkok to keep to their plans and treat themselves to a stay at this superb hotel .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GXWLondon
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The best hotel i have EVER stayed in and 50% of the accolade has to go to the absolutely amazing staff!

We had a truly fabulous experience, the staff were beyone anything i have ever experienced. They knew our name, our floor and room without asking. We were greeted warmly and welcomingly and made to feel very much at home for our 3night stay. Trips were arranged for us, dinners booked, cars arranged at a moments notice. The food was fabulous and the array of restaurants covered every requirement you may have and to the highest of standards. Nibbles by the pool brought at regular intervals also made you feel very much appreciated!

The Mandarin Oriental comes highly recommended!! Thank you for making our holiday so wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ask the lovely reception staff and i am sure they will do whatever they can to help you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I arrived at 5 o'clock after much travel throughout SE Asia for business and was greeted with such kindness and professionalism at the airport (by hired car facilitator and chauffeur). Then, at hotel door, a repeat performance, as well as at the desk, at the spa and roaming throughout the hotel. Great attention to detail in terms of amenities, turn down service, and stocked mini bar. (Call me silly, but every once in a while a beer and chips from the mini bar after a bath just hit the spot.) Room was lovely and perfect for one. Nice linens, pretty and useful furniture areas and a fabulous bath/shower arrangement and decor. Interesting blue tile choice. Bold. Booked two spa treatments upon arrival and had no problems (not recommended to be so last minute, but glad to know it could be done effortlessly). I had the short neck/shoulder massage and pedicure. Beautiful spa treatment rooms; spa located across the swollen river and reached via special boat with lovely trim and lights. Best pedicure ever and nine days later, still no chipping. Plus, I'm a runner so she had something tough to work with. I would definitely stay at the Mardarin Oriental (MO) in Bangkok or a MO elsewhere based on this experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ms_Steelerfan
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We visited Bangkok for the first time in August and had a fantastic stay at the Oriental. The hotel is beautiful, and the service is exceptional. Expect old world elegance and graciousness. If you need a driver, request Mr. Nong! He drove us all over Bangkok and bent over backwards to accomodate us. He is great fun and a very good person. The workout facilities and spa at the Oriental are top-rate, and we loved taking the ferry across the river to use those facilities. Breakfast on the terrace by the river was pure luxury. We ate fruit that we could not find elsewhere on our travels. If you need a dress shirt, head to the store in the lobby. They made a gorgeous shirt for my husband in 5 hours!! We enjoyed tea in the hotel and spent a relaxing afternoon by the pool. You won't get the best food at the Thai restaurant across the river from the hotel, but the atmosphere is lovely. It's worth going for the experience. My only gripe is that the poor caged bird outside of the older wing of the hotel seemed so lonely. Please get him a friend!!!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple