The Mandarin... What a place, it's elegant, grand and just mind-blowing. From the minute you see the traditionally dressed thai doormen, the 7-series BMW limousines and the floor to ceiling windows you know it will be perfect. The climate in the lobby is perfect and the staff incredibly polite. You can walk out to the riverside restaurant and have a perfect thai meal. The pool is amazing and the chairs incredibly comfortable. The rooms are spacious and with amazing views. The spa feels like an oriental paradise where the masseuses with give you the best massage of your lives. The authors lounge takes you back in time, you can enjoy tea with your family and have the best time. To get to the spa and sport facilities you have to take the beautiful boat to travel the river. The only downside of the hotel is the tennis courts weren't free at a price of 45usd per hour. Besides from that the hotel is simply perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental