Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
US$101
Priceline
  • Pool
5,025 results
All reviewsthe rivergarden pooltowers loungeshuttle boatthai restaurantswim up barthe club loungehotel boatriver view roomchao phrayafree boatour honeymoonskytrain stationhigh flooreasy accesswat arunbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Staying currently at this hotel with my husband, although booked for 3 nights, we decided to change today after one night stay. It is absolutely not a five stars facility. Huge hotel, extremely old and outdated. Room smelled like stale cigarettes mixed with some heavy perfume. Stained chairs and carpet, very ran out furniture, old and scratched, all with musky and dirty feeling into it, in dark brown colours. Bathtub with black mould stains in the corners. Pool areas close to restaurants with fried oil smell, pool facilities also looking cheap and old. Breakfast extremely crowded and loud, pretty big selection though. Food in the terrace restaurant we ordered on the day of arrival was cold (spaghetti and wonton soup). The check in pretty unfriendly. The location is allright, but you can have much better hotel in Bangkok by the river. All in all, huge disappointment, will never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kata_rantaniemi
GMRosh, General Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear kata_rantaniemi,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share this review. We are committed to providing exceptional hotel experiences and I very sorry that your stay was not as you hoped it would be. I have shared your comments with the appropriate Department Heads so that they can work with their teams to ensure we make improvements moving forward. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I chose to celebrate my Friday night with scrumptious dinner at the Riverside Grill where I was treated with superb hospitality by the waiting staff. Apart from the delectable mocktail and tender grilled chicken served to me, I was strongly impressed with the smiling and welcoming gestures of the staff there (I asked for their names and they were Gai, Up and Jo). Not only did they welcome and treat me nicely but they also managed to give me recommendation on the drink menu and the food menu. When the scallop salad was served, Gai explained about the salad dressing served in four different tubes for me to give me a vivid picture of how nicely they were made. Up assisted me in taking gorgeous photos which showed me his willingness to make the guest happy in every moment. Jo was equally nice, trying to establish rapport which engendered a pleasant experience during my dining moment. It was so cocooned with friendliness and warmth by all the staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear DebonairChang,

Thank you so much for sharing such positive feedback on your recent experience at Riverside Grill. It sounds like you had a wonderful time overlooking the Chao Phraya River and I’m delighted that team took such good care of you. I know they will be very happy to know how much you enjoyed your evening and I’m sure they look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We spent three nights at the ROSH, we stayed on the 22nd floor which gave us commanding views over the River and beyond. Nice room, big bed, clean.

The breakfast is just extensive, with choices across almost every type of breakfast going.

We had lunch at the River Pool, it is very child friendly and safe. The food was a mix of kids (burgers, pizza) to Thai - all good stuff. The staff were friendly and always helpful.

We dined one night at the River Restaurant - the steak was divine, the riverside view was great as you can enjoy the madness of the river.

Perhaps the winner was the boat service, the best boat of all the hotels. Regular drops to a locally Skytrain station and other boat services. Ideal for exploring.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear GillyTricks,

Thanks for staying with us at Royal Orchid Sheraton. I’m happy to know you enjoyed our hotel, the wonderful views of the Chao Phraya River and our complimentary Sheraton shuttle boat. Local life on the river certainly is fascinating and our neighborhood, in the center of Bangkok’s Creative District, is perfect for exploring. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again as I’m sure there is still more to discover.

Dear all,

I can recommend this hotel.

The river view is nice, rooms are at an international standard, service at the river bar and restaurant is good.

Cleaning of the room is also acceptable.

The hotel is offering also a shuttle boat to the BTS station which connects you with some of the main interesting points.

The two pools are overcrowded in the afternoon but still ok.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear C P,

Many thanks for staying with us and for recommending Royal Orchid Sheraton to other travelers. I’m pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and I’m sure my team join me in hoping you will choose our hotel again should your travels bring you back to Bangkok.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

A really good hotel on the river. The room was amazing-you could sit and watch all the activity on the river from the comfort of your room. Breakfast was very good with a great selection. We ate in the Thai restaurant which was also excellent. It is easy to catch the ferry to the actual city as the terminal is right outside.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth W

Dear Elizabeth W,

Thanks for letting us know you had a great stay with us at Royal Orchid Sheraton and I agree with you about the views. Local life on the Chao Phraya River certainly is fascinating and it’s easy to just sit and watch the world go by from your room, or a nice relaxing spot on our Riverside Terrace. I’m glad you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle boat and hope you enjoyed exploring Bangkok. There certainly is plenty to see and I hope you will be back.